And a Happy New Year...

A/N (important): The previous chapter was edited and re uploaded after i realized through some of your comments that the point i tried to get across wasn't really getting there, you don't have to re-read the whole chapter, but i do recommend it since i changed quite a bit and i feel like it makes a difference. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the support!!

Happy New Year!! 🎆
FUCK 2020 EXCEPT FOR ALL OF THE LOVE THIS FIC HAS RECEIVED AND THE TWO FRIENDS I MADE THROUGH WATTPAD

—————

As you finished buttoning your blouse, you glanced at the screen of your phone to see the time, it was a quarter to nine, in only four hours the year would be over. You reminisced on this last year, something a bit corny but that you couldn't help but do every New Years Eve, last new years you were with your exes family, having fun, but not really with him, then throughout the year you lost your job, then your boyfriend, you moved back with your mom, but then you got another job, and now you got another boyfriend.

You smirked at the thought of it, Philip, your boyfriend. It still didn't feel real, you kept repeating it in your head, how that tall, brooding man with cute dimples was going out with you.

The doorbell rang while Horry was setting down the table and you were finishing up the fondant letters on your "Happy New Year!" cupcakes your mom had asked you to make, you wiped your fingers and trotted over to the door once you placed the dot of the exclamation mark on the frosting.

You opened to find Mrs Altman all dressed up with Philip standing behind her, holding what looked like a rotisserie chicken with a small closed smile. Mrs Altman, Hillary? You honestly didn't know at this point, she greeted you with a quick hug and walked away to find your mom, you turned to face a smiling Philip, who leaned down for a quick peck on the lips, keeping his eyes open to check no one was behind the two of you.

-Hey gorgeous...- he mumbled close to your face.

-Hey handsome- you giggled.

His smile only grew in size as did yours, he smelled of a delicious combination between conditioner and cologne, making your mouth water. Before you could turn and let him follow you inside he hugged your waist and kissed your cheek, but his hand didn't leave your lower back until you two walked into the dining room where your moms and Horry stood and kept walking to the kitchen, always staying close.

-Where did you buy this?- you said looking at the golden cooked bird, ornamented with rosemary all around.

-I didn't buy it, i made it- he raised his brows in pride.

You raised yours in surprise, your mouth opening in a silent gasp, it looked store bought which was the reason you asked in the first place, you could tell it was moist just by the sight of it.

-Are you proud of me?- he smiled.

Not only were you proud, you were weirdly turned on, the thought of him putting his effort on making an entire chicken on his own was getting you going, and if you took out the shirt and threw in an apron, the room started to get hot right away.

-Yeah i am, I'm very impressed- you smiled up at him.

Your arm went around his waist with the intention to kiss him again, and he started leaning down when you heard your mom's heels clicking closer on the floor and you stepped a good two or three steps away from each other.

Wendy, Judd and Paul got there not too long after that, Wendy smiled at you and hugged you a little tighter than last time, while Paul and Judd reframed to a short kiss on the cheek, the difference called your attention, but you brushed it away as everyone sat down for dinner, Philip and you sat facing each other, just like on Christmas, and exactly like Christmas dinner, silent looks and small concealed smiles were sent between the two of you.