The Tables Have Turned

Oh. My. God. The response on the last chapter, you guys are incredible, i love y'all sm 😭 i read and cherish every comment, i was literally smiling from ear to ear, thank you thank you thank you 🥰

—————
You watched Philip walk out the door with your stupidest dumbfounded face. As soon as he was out, you regretted everything you said, every word replayed in your head and for every word you wanted to punch yourself. It wasn't on purpose, you didn't mean to imply that he was a slut, he isn't, you don't think that, but in the moment you had to say something, and he took you by surprise, and words just stumbled out of you carelessly, and you hurt him.

Your hands ran through your hair, still processing everything he said and everything you said, you took a few steps to the door, suddenly realizing you couldn't just leave stuff like this, you stopped near the stairs when you heard the loud screeching of tires and the rumbling engine, you didn't need to walk out to know that was Philip.

He must've been so angry at you, and you couldn't blame him, yes you didn't owe him anything, but he wasn't wrong, he had been so good to you, and you had welcomed it more than happy, he let you cry on his chest, he dumped one of his old friends to be with you, he asked about Star Wars even though he didn't know a thing, but he knew it would make you smile, and it did.

Stupid fucking dumb bitch, you're a fucking idiot you dumb motherfucker fuck fuck FUCK!

-Hey...-

You turned to look up, at the top of the stairs stood Horry, one hand on the reel, he looked down at you with worry, his anger gone since he probably heard everything Philip said.

With a sigh you slumped down to sit at the bottom steps, you heard him walk down and sit next to you, your hands cupped your face, your emotions still mixed as you thought his were as well when he didn't say anything.

Your Monday had gone from worrying about Nick's outburst on your possessions to waiting for Philip to get back home, you tried calling twice, after the second time going to voicemail you thought maybe it'll be better to give it a little time, and during that time, you went through the trouble of going through everything you should've said instead.

***
The morning after that, as you were leaving for work, you turned to close the door, and when you turned back, the black Porsche stopped in front of Philip's house, he took off his sunglasses before stepping out of the car and that's when he saw you.

His face was blank, you held his gaze, deciding whether or not you should say something, last time you didn't know what to say it only made things worse. He didn't look your way for too long, he simply shoved his hands on his pockets and turned, walking up the entrance to the house.

You sighed at yourself, an walked to work thinking what you were going to do, how would you get him to forgive you.

-Morning!- Erica smiled at you from the register when you walked in.

-Hey- you said, sighing again.

-What's up?- she asked casually.

You didn't want to bother Erica with all of your drama, but you also needed someone to talk to, you needed someone to see it from the outside, let you know what you were clearly missing.

-Well...do you have time?- you rubbed your temples, leaning against the counter.

-Shoot.- she said, crossing her arms with a small smile.

Erica didn't even know the half of it, you wondered if you really should tell her everything.

-I don't even know where to start...-