Are You Happy?

Whaaat? Red updating early??

A blessing and a curse😏

—————
The third alarm for you to wake up this morning went off as you got dressed, and you turned it off with an optimistic air, you didn't want to disappoint Louie  this time, and you were off to a good start with half an hour to spare before Philip picked you up.

Speaking of which, you hoped he would wake up, you had sent a good morning text when you woke up, and he still hadn't responded, that was weird, specially since he was usually the one who sent them first.

Not paying it too much mind you strutted downstairs and straight for the coffee pot, it was gonna be a long day, probably longer than you could imagine.

There was a cold breeze rustling the trees outside, but other than that it was a nice day, your good mood from yesterday still wasn't washing away, the excitement to get news from the apartment had you constantly checking your email and planning ahead of yourself, eager to have your own space, especially if it was that one, you had a great feeling about it.

The doorbell rung bringing you back from your imaginary decorating of the living room, and you checked your bag to make sure you had everything you needed, a small prick of guilt stabbed your stomach when you reached the doorknob, remembering that you had to keep up the lie in front of Philip, and who knew for how long? Wasn't it worse if you just kept on lying until he found out? Wouldn't it be worse if he didn't find out from you??

You shook your head, it wasn't even that big of a lie, just a small one, you were worried, you didn't want your mom to have an attitude and make him feel bad, he could understand that when you apologized right?

-Morning...- you heard him say with a small smile while you closed the door behind you.

-Good morning!- you smiled, hooking your arms around his neck to kiss him, you felt him hum against your lips before you pulled away.

It bummed you out that you couldn't ramble to him about the apartment, about how pretty it looked with those huge windows that let so much light in and how you hoped that it wouldn't be unbearable during the summer, and you thought about this for the first portion of the ride while he rubbed lazy circles on your thigh with his thumb.

-So how was your day yesterday? Everything alright at the store?- you initiated the conversation before you went ahead and rambled about your stuff.

He made a 'meh' sound, the corner of his mouth tugging in an expression that paired the lazy noise, and he tilted his head from side to side.

-Let me guess, Paul.- you stated with a closed smile.

Without taking his eyes off the road, he smirked at your knowledge and squeezed you thigh, you furrowed your brows, he was awfully quiet for...well, for being Philip. He turned when he felt you still looking at him, and spoke.

-He just thinks I'm like an "irresponsible teenager" that's all...- he sighed- Nothing new in my family...-

That last statement caught your attention, the Paul thing wasn't something unusual at this point, and maybe the family thing either, but they weren't in place here. You realized then that this was one of those moments where he actually shows how he feels about his family's treatment towards him, you've seen this before.

-Why do you say that?- you asked casually, looking back at the road as to not scare him off.

The car turned and from your periphery you saw him clench his jaw a little before his hand rubbed up your thigh and he turned to you for a second with a small smile.