Cheater

⚠️TW: some heavy angst

—————
So far your days at work and your new routine had been going more than smoothly, there was more than enough space to learn at the bakery and it brought you a lot of satisfaction, Erica and you were becoming closer every day, she had even promised one of these days you'd go and have dinner at her place to meet her fiancé, meanwhile you or her would take turns to buy lunch every day and sat at the kitchen, rambling away about nothing.

Every morning you'd wake up energized and ready to leave, you hadn't been stressed in a while and you were loving it.

Except today.

-Fuck! Shit shit shit!- you echoed and hissed running around the house.

You were late, about forty minutes late already to be exact, what bothered you most was how the only reason you were late was because you thought you plugged your charger but apparently it didn't plug all the way in, therefore your phone died, therefore no alarm woke you up.

There was no time for a shower or makeup, the chanting of curses continued as you sprinted downstairs, interrupted by you falling on your ass the last three steps, you groaned in frustration. Today of all days, of course you had to be late, the first catering job Louie had given you with him and you were running amazingly late, you could imagine him huffing disappointed, his mustache curling down as he pressed his mouth together in frustration.

Your mom and Horry sat peacefully at the kitchen island having breakfast before they turned wide eyed to see you zooming at the door, grabbing your keys and quite literally throwing a coat on, not bothering to check if it would be enough or not.

-Hey there's two big boxes from Chicago for ya!-

-I can't right now just bring em up to my roomthanksbye!!- you hurriedly exclaimed as you opened and ran out the door.

The pouring rain stopped you right on your track, you gasped and went back under the small roof over your entrance and thought quickly, maybe Philip could drive you, yes! You took off to cross the street before you saw the black Porsche was nowhere to be seen, another frustrated groan went up to the sky at whoever decided to do this to you.

In the end you opted for an Uber as you tapped your foot impatiently on the entrance, hugging your coat around you and trying your best not to look at the time. The car arrived and you jumped to it, once again getting wet in the process, your leg wouldn't stop bouncing on the ride, you closed your eyes for a moment to tell yourself that worrying wouldn't get you there faster, and you simply hoped Louie wasn't too mad.

-Hey! Where were you are you okay??- you heard Erica as you paced through the entrance and to the kitchen, huffing  angrily at the world.

-My stupid fucking alarm didn't go off, and then it was raining so i had to call an uber.- you explained, brushing your damp hair out of your face with your fingers as you hurried to the kitchen.

The door slammed open and there stood Louie, his expression pretty much what you had pictured, except his hands were on his hips and he turned briefly to look at the clock on the wall, you were an hour and twenty minutes late.

-Louie i am so sorry my alarm didn't go off and i don't have a car so i had to call for one...- you gestured with your hands, feeling the guilt tug in your throat- It won't happen again i swear just tell me what to do and I'll get right to it...-

He looked at you and sighed, he didn't look angry just let down, you didn't know which one was worse to be honest, he shrugged looking around the kitchen and you followed, seeing the trays of stuff scattered around.