In A Galaxy Far Far Away...

I literally said thank you for 7k three days ago and you guys managed to get it PAST 8k already!! HOT. DAMN. Thank you!!

—————
You were bored.

It was Friday, and Louie gave you the day off since you two had to work tomorrow all day for a catering order for an older couple that were celebrating 50 years of marriage and having a big reception for it, it was so wholesome, the husband had asked for a special marble cake since that was his wife's favorite, you thought it was really sweet how he had a grin on his face when he said it.

Around a week ago Mrs Altman had left for the start of her book tour, she tried postponing it until after the holidays but in the end she couldn't, your mom felt a little bit of sympathy for her since she thought it was actually due to the loss of her Husband, and how she could probably not bring herself to spend a time like that without him, in the end she wasn't wrong, Mrs Altman had called to let everyone including your family that she would come back for Christmas and New Years respectively and that you were more than invited to come, in the end your mom and her made a deal, Christmas at their house, New Years at yours.

To you that simply translated to awkward Christmas with Philip and awkward New Years with Philip, you thought about just how out of place would you be if you asked Erica to spend it with you. Was that too rude? Probably. She had a family and a fiancé and you had bugged her enough with this whole thing, as a matter of fact, you ended up deciding you wouldn't let every single thing involving his presence be a sentence of uncomfortable tension between the two of you. You would have to spend time with him sooner or later, so you told yourself to suck it up and stop being a baby, he didn't care then neither did you.

But you were wrong.

The doorbell rang downstairs while you were folding some laundry in your bedroom, considering if you should buy an outfit or two for the holidays.

-I'll get it!!- Horry's yell echoed up the stairs stopping you from going down and getting the door.

A few moments later you heard him stomp upstairs and you turned when you heard him stand in your door, his brows stretched up in his best "get ready" expression.

-It's for you...- he cocked his head to the side and turned to leave.

You furrowed your brows and walked behind him, but he stayed upstairs, you peeked out the half opened door as you went down the last few steps, thinking how you didn't really know anyone that could be at your door.

Except well...the front door neighbor.

He had turned only partially while he waited for you to come to the door, looking around like someone does when they're waiting and don't really know what to do, he wasn't standing right in front of the door, he was just right down the step of the entrance, when he heard you open the door fully he turned to face forward again, meeting your face.