Tell Me Lies

A/N: thank you once again to my poor beta reader K_Marie2086 who has to suffer through these chapters AND help me with the titles lmao ily

And I'm sorry in advanced (no I'm not💕)

------------

Phillip's POV:

There was a lightness in Phillip's step, the smoggy air of New York didn't feel like it at all, he took big relaxed intakes of air and even smiled to himself as he checked out of the hotel and found a cab to take him to the bus station. He had been looking forward to it since he got here, leaving with this sense of pride and achievement, feeling like the fucking Wolf of Wall Street or something.

He chuckled quietly at his own dumb joke as he walked into the bus station, he sat down to wait, knowing he still had time since he had woken up earlier than he thought, it was probably the eagerness to go back home.

Speaking of, he took out his phone out of his pocket, checking it with a drawn brow now as he saw she still hadn't replied to any of his texts, he sighed with mild guilt.

After he painfully declined his baby's call last night while trying to balance Chelsea and business, he went up to his room almost in a rush to call her back, deep inside trying to make up for something. The phone rang and rang in his ear but she never picked up, and Phillip felt sad at the realization that she was probably calling to say goodnight before she went to bed, and therefore was most likely sleeping by the time he tried returning her call.

This came back to him, and he looked at the time, it was a quarter to eight, and it was Monday, she was probably at the bakery already, but still it was just a little weird that she hadn't replied, given he sent his "good morning" text like an hour and a half ago. He brushed it off as her probably being busy, after all he'll be seeing her in a couple of hours anyways.

And his leg was even bouncing at the thought of that, an eager smirk on his face, he strutted cheerily up the few steps into the bus, and sat comfortably with a deep sigh, he felt refreshed, like the Phillip from Friday was back and whatever that nervous, worried ball of anxiety was during the weekend had been left behind, during the trip he checked his phone a few more times, and it caught his attention when an hour in he opened his messages to see she had read them, but there was no reply, now this did puzzle him a little, and he decided on sending another text, to see if maybe she had left her phone unlocked with the messages open and hadn't replied, like she sometimes did.

And yet, after a while when he checked his phone again she had left him on read on that message too, and Phillip was getting a little confused, that wasn't normal, he put his phone back in his pocket, a little surprised but not finding a reason for his sudden girlfriend's absence except maybe a really busy day at work, and though that didn’t convince him he couldn't think of anything else, and instead decided to let it slide, he guessed he'll know when he arrived back in town and saw her.

He was aching to see her, hug her, but Phillip wasn't too excited about telling her everything about his trip, he wasn't even thinking about it at the moment and didn't want to think about it anymore, after all Chelsea wasn't worth anymore thought than she had been given this last couple of days. Phillip just wanted to get off the bus and scoop his girlfriend into his arms and drown in her lips, he thought about her wide smile stretching as she saw him and about how that smile made him feel like he was high as a kite.

As he looked out the window he thought about all those months ago, when he didn’t know what she was doing to him, when he didn’t realize that it was different, or maybe he did know all along and that was why he was stuck to her like a lost puppy, and now he was a dumbass in love, Phillip shook his head to himself thinking about it, him, in love, feeling high as a kite over a girl, he chuckled quietly now, thinking about that girl.