The Only Plan

Warning ⚠️: A little angst.
——————
Phillip's POV:

He was hammering his head trying to remember what she looked like back in high school, he remembered the pigtails, but he could not for the life of him remember her. But fuck she was hot now, those curves and that smile, no dumbass named Nick could possibly treat her right, at least not like he could.

And he wanted to, he wanted to take her to the closest room and treat her so very right as soon as she looked up at him with a pinched brow, and today he was actually looking forward to see her, and there she was, wearing that flowy dress, she looked so pretty, sure she looked hot, but she also looked so pretty, laughing at his jokes, fuck he liked that laugh.

He really couldn't take her out of his head, he knew he wouldn't until he got with her, that's just how Phillip was, he saw someone he wanted and he didn't stop until he got them. He'd back off a bit if she asked him to, he wasn't a pervert, but god he hoped she wouldn't. He didn't think she would, he saw her blush and smile at his comments and actions, and he liked that, but what drove him crazy was how she was right on the verge of flirting but not quite, how she wasn't just following his lead and leaning into him like the girls he usually went for did.

It wasn't a "she's not like other girls" shit, that's just dumb, but he tended to have a very specific type, and the sudden contrast between her and them intrigued him and shit, it got him going the more he thought about it.

He smiled to himself, leaning against the window of his childhood bedroom, smoking the last cigarette of the pack he had snuck in, a habit he also had back when he was a teenager and he'd lean out this same window to smoke without his parents knowing. He wondered if she smoked, he could picture her sharing a cigarette with him while sitting at the edge of the bed, with his shirt on, covering her thighs partially.

Another heavy puff of smoke came out his lips, and he ran his fingers through his hair, he hadn't had sex in about a month or two, since he broke up with Tracy, his also ex-therapist, cause that's just how Phillip was...He felt a tinge of guilt at the fact that he was already so attracted to someone else so shortly after she left him, but then again maybe she was right, maybe he didn't really love her. Maybe he just wasn't made for relationships, he didn't really believe in love anyways.

Your POV:

That evening after you got back from the Altmans', you took your bra off and fell on the bed, sighing heavily, you were just a bit emotionally drained. People hadn't seen you in a while, and as boomers tend to do, they indirectly and directly asked what you were going to do, what your plan was and gave you advice you didn't ask for.

You knew maybe people were trying to be nice, but you didn't want that, you didn't come here to have people feel sorry for you and give you guidance, or better said, pressure. At one point you simply zoned out and nodded, your gaze either drifting to the wall behind them or to the side, as if the room around you could provide some sort of lifeline you could cling to.

The third time you did that, you caught Phillip looking your way, he had that smirk on his face, not quite the flirty one, but another one, you remembered flashing him a small closed smile and him winking at you, making your eyes roll, he chuckled to himself as you shook your head at him, but he made you smile bigger then.

He had been the only good conversation you had had all afternoon, he was fun, even with his very obvious flirting, even when he wasn't actually flirting with you, his eyes were on yours and watched you attentively in a way that made you feel seen, but not intimidated.

A tingle ran up your chest, why would a tingle ran up your chest? You hadn't seen him in years and you knew all he was trying to flirt with you for was to fuck you like one of those high school "girlfriends" he used to have.