Chapter 68: Epilogue

3/3 I'M CRYING...

--------

Ten months after the match.

-------

Their wedding ceremony was small, which was exactly how they wanted it. They kept it to immediate family and close friends, and they both made sure to extend the invitation to their high school teams. No more than seventy people there, a small ceremony and then a slightly bigger dinner with plenty of extra invitations sent to anyone who wanted to join for food and dance. Mikaela and Tsukishima hadn't had too many problems picking things out: food, location, wedding party, all of the technicalities. They both had the same goals in mind: simple and cheap. In fact, the only reason they had opened up food and dance to others for later was because Mikaela's mother had offered to cover the price of the catering.

Mikaela's bridesmaids had been an easy choice: Hiba, Somi, Taki, and her maid of honor, Yachi. She'd been lucky to stay close with them throughout her university years, and it was really paying off. The girls were organized and thrilled about the whole thing. She'd wanted Kiyoko, but her senpai had told her she had an important work trip in the morning and could only make it for the dinner.

Choosing the groomsmen had been a bit more difficult, but they came to a good conclusion in the end. They wanted to keep it small: four people. Akiteru was an obvious choice, and although Mikaela wanted Iwaizumi up there, she couldn't pick him without picking Oikawa, and Tsukishima wasn't as close to them as she was. Even though Tsukishima grumbled about it, they asked Hinata and Kuroo to be groomsmen. Mikaela knew that Tsukishima liked Hinata more than he let on, and Kuroo had been a close friend to the both of them for the past few years.

Yamaguchi was their best man- obviously.

And Kageyama? Mikaela asked him to walk her down the aisle.

At least, on the day of, the girls were great at calming Mikaela's ever-growing anxiety. They had been by her every step of the way, and now, ten minutes before she was supposed to walk down the aisle, they were still here, touching up her hair and making sure she didn't fuss with her make-up.

"You look gorgeous," Taki cooed, adjusting her necklace. "Tsukishima's going to blown away."

"If he doesn't tear up, I'll kick him," Somi volunteered, picking her veil up carefully.

Mikaela snorted, raising her hands to fidget with her hair. "He won't tear up," she said with a roll of her eyes. "I bet that dumbass won't even crack a smile."

"He's about to be your husband, and you still call him a dumbass?" Hiba muttered, pulling Mikaela's hands away from the careful mess of curls that the hair stylist had pinned to the back of head. Mikaela had hated every second of it, but she would grudgingly admit she loved the end result.

"He'll smile," Yachi promised softly, taking her hands. Mikaela smiled weakly. "I know it."

Taki patted her shoulders. "Stand up! Twirl for us!"

Mikaela sighed and pushed herself up from the seat she was in, carefully balancing herself in the tall heels she was wearing. Her dress was a simple, sleeveless, v-cut gown that tightened around her waist and flowed out, trailing behind her but not too far. The girls all squealed, and Mikaela sighed, spinning in a circle and nearly toppling over.

"You're gorgeous," Yachi said brightly, taking her hand to steady her.

"You look perfect," Taki agreed, grinning.

Mikaela exhaled shakily, forcing herself to grin. "Thank you guys," she said, standing up straight. "I'm terrified out of my mind right now, but... you're all amazing. Thank you so much."