Chapter 18: The Barbecue

HEY, GUYS!

Well, today is April 26th in my country...and it is my BDAY!!

To celebrate it...I'll upload three chapters or maybe four!

Prepare yourself for this marathon!

LET'S GOOO!

---------

"Oh my god, this is so f-"

"Language," Sugawara said quickly, shooting a look at the younger student.

Mikaela returned his look with a glare. "This is so good," she finished, rolling her eyes when Sugawara gave her a nod of approval before returning to his conversation with the Nekoma libero, Yaku. Seriously, he'd just popped out of nowhere to call her off. What was he, her mom? Needless to say, he'd be a better mother than the one she had right now.

Barbecued foods were seriously some of her favourite, hands down. Mikaela had stacked her plate and was plowing through it like no tomorrow as she stood next to Kageyama, making odd comments about the games and the playing level of the other players.

"You're gonna eat all that?" Kageyama asked, raising an eyebrow at her plate.

Mikaela swallowed the chunk of meat that was in her mouth and raised an eyebrow right back at him. "Yes, and then I'm going to go back for seconds. You know how much I eat, Tobio."

"You eat like a horse," someone said dryly, and she didn't even have to turn to know it was Tsukishima.

She turned anyways, rolling her eyes at him. He was sitting on the cement steps, with Yamaguchi standing next to him, using his chopsticks to finish off the rest of the meat on his plate. "You eat like a mouse," Mikaela remarked, noting the blond's untouched plate.

He shrugged. "Not hungry."

"Tsukishima! You need to eat more!" Daichi jumped into the conversation, carrying a platter with two humongous rice balls.

The middle blocker looked dubious. "Um, I can't eat all that."

"I'll eat it if he won't," Mikaela added, stealing a rice ball from Kageyama's plate without him noticing.

"Eat your vegetables too!" This time, Kuroo popped into the conversation, his face stuffed with food and a set of tongs clutched in his hand. "You too, Kenma. No hiding." A short boy with dyed blond hair who was sitting on the other side of the cement steps flinched and buried his nose back into his phone.

"You need more rice," Daichi insisted, setting the plate down in front of Tsukishima.

Not to be excluded, Bokuto stepped in. "Don't forget the meat! Eat more meat!" he called, holding another set of tongs with a juicy piece of meat pinched between the ends. Mikaela reached out with chopsticks and expertly plucked the piece of meat from Bokuto's tongs, setting it on her own plate. He barely even noticed. "If you don't, you won't grow up big and strong like me- hey, where'd the meat go?"

"You know, Bokuto-senpai," the manager said casually, waving the piece of meat in the air, "you should really keep better watch over your food. And isn't Tsukishima taller than you?"

"Yes! No! Maybe? Wait-"

"I apologize for his behavior," came a familiar voice, and Mikaela nearly grinned when she saw Akaashi pull Bokuto by the collar. Bokuto started arguing loudly with his setter before becoming distracted by Hinata and taking off again. Akaashi sighed, rolling his eyes, and wandered after Bokuto.

"Hey, Kaela!" Yamaguchi popped up beside her. "Have you tried the-"

Mikaela paused, surprised. "I'm sorry, what did you just call me?"