22 || Mirkwood (pt. 2)

The company continued to hike down the path, seemingly getting nowhere

The company continued to hike down the path, seemingly getting nowhere. Leo kicked some rocks here and there to keep herself sane. The path seemingly became less and less noticeable as the company had to frequently stop to locate it again.

Leo had followed Fili and Kili to the front of the group, right behind Thorin and Dwalin who led them. Fili helped Leo over rocks and dead trees that were a bit too high for her, Kili did that same. The company came to a small drop in the path as Dwalin mumbled a "this way" and they followed. Leo neared the drop and tried to step down, Fili moved behind to her help before two arms lowered her down onto the ground - it was Thorin. He said nothing but turned and continued to follow Dwalin. Leo smiled at the sweet gesture in hopes that he may be coming around to the idea of her and Fili.

The company had been walking for so long that many of them began to complain, Leo felt the need to also but kept it to herself.

"Air...I need air." Bofur shouted.

"My head, it's spinning! What's happening?" Oin spoke next.

"Keep moving," Thorin grumbled as he felt the same way but knew stopping would not help them.

Nori, who was now leading the ground, suddenly stopped.

"Nori, why have you stopped?"

"The path, it's disappeared!" He frantically looked around.

The dwarves began to shout in a panicked state as Thorin shouted at everyone to search for the path. They began to stumble a bit as they felt a dizziness wash over them. Their shouts caused an odd echo to ring through the air, Leo placed her hand on her forehead in an attempt to deafen them.

"I don't remember this place, none of it's familiar."

"It's got to be here."

"What hour is it?"

"I don't know, I don't even know what day it is."

"Is there no end to this accursed forest!" Thorin shouted in anger before turning to Leo. "Where have we lost the path? Surely you know!"

"I am as lost as you, Thoin. I'm sorry." She looked up at him and stumbled, feeling the dizziness as well. Thorin walked away but not before she heard him mumble 'useless hobbit' under his breath.

Bilbo's search for the path is halted when he became curious about the giant spider webs lining their path. Leo walked next to him and gawked at the web. Bilbo reached out to the web and touched it, causing a vibration to run through it. He looked at Leo curiously before doing it again. This time, the vibrations run from web to web around the first.

Dori stopped and picked up a pouch off the ground. "Look, a tobacco pouch. There are Dwarves in these woods!"

Bifur took the pouch from Dori to inspect it before Bofur looked at it as well. "Dwarves from the Blue Mountains, no less. This is exactly the same as mine."