45 || As we were

Gandalf chuckled

Gandalf chuckled. "Anyway, it's good to see you! One hundred and eleven years old. Who would believe it?"

Bilbo laughed and motioned through the door. "Oh, come in. Welcome, welcome!"

Bilbo motioned for Gandalf and Leo to enter the round little door, they graciously accepted...

---------------------

60 years earlier...

--------------------

Leo looked down on it as well before looking back at her brother with worry.

Bilbo seemingly forgot that she was beside him until she cleared her throat, causing him to jump and shove the ring back into his pocket. She wanted to bring up the issue of the ring but knew with Bilbo's stubbornness he wouldn't want to hear it.

"Well, I don't suppose I'll have to worry about bringing much back now." She joked as she scanned the empty house.

Bilbo smiled. "Suppose not. Have you checked your room?"

"No, I'll go look. I'll be back to help bring the rest of the furniture in."

Bilbo nodded and headed outside to bring the remainder of their things back inside before Grub decided to auction them off again.

Leo strolled through the house to her room, taking in every detail she had missed but remembered distinctly. She ran her fingers along the design carved into her wooden doorway as she entered her old room. She was met with familiarity and hominess at the sight of the light green walls. Her bed was gone but her dark green comforter was thrown to the side. Leo strode over and picked it up, running her fingers over the soft cotton as she glanced up to see that the flowers, paintings, tapestry, etc still lined her walls. The item on her wall that made her smile the most was a framed map of Middle Earth - the first map she had ever received, which Bilbo had framed for her. She moved forward to examine it closer when she stepped on something squishy under the mess of the comforter. Using her foot to move the fabric away, she saw her teddy bear from her father. Smiling, Leo picked up the droopy teddy bear and hugged it to her chest. Turning around, she noticed that all of her baskets were gone...but all of her maps had been dumped out into the floor.

She reminisced on the night Gandalf sent her and Fili to get her maps...sneaky wizard knew what he was doing. Now she could appreciate Gandalf's efforts. She held her bear in front of her, remembering Fili picking him up off her bed.

"My father gave that to me when I was 21. I love bears."

"He's cute...I wasn't big on toys growing up. I played with knives."

"Yes, I've had my fair share of knife fights with Bilbo. Though it was only one of us that had the knife usually...we were very mean to each other."

She laughed at the memory. Sighing, she looked down at her poor old bear. "Looks like I have more to pack than I realized, hm?"

She made the bear nod in response.