33 || I am fire. I am death.

On the mountain peak, the company paced nervously

On the mountain peak, the company paced nervously. Leo stood frozen in front of the stone doorway as flashes of light flickered through it, signifying Smaug's fiery breath. Her eyes darted to Thorin ever so often, hoping he had some sort of plan to get Bilbo out.

Ori stood beside her, watching the light as well before turning to Thorin. "What about Bilbo?"

Thorin couldn't bring himself to stand at the door, he glanced over his shoulder at the two inquirers. "Give him more time."

Leo whipped around furiously but before she could speak Balin spoke her exact thoughts. "Time to do what? To be killed?!"

"You're afraid."

"Yes, I'm afraid. I fear for you. A sickness lies upon that treasure horde. A sickness which drove your grandfather mad." Balin's voice shook in anger and worry as he pointed his finger at Thorin.

"I am not my grandfather."

"You're not yourself. The Thorin I know would not hesitate to go in there."

"I will not risk this quest for the life of one...burglar."

At Thorin's harsh words, the company turned to look at Leo who held an expression they had never seen before. Her mouth gaped slightly in complete shock as her lips quivered. Thorin would give up Bilbo's life like it was nothing. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fist before slowly approaching Thorin, he turned to her with a stubborn expression. She stood in front of him and craned her neck to look at him in the eyes. Thorin watched her right hand clench and unclench, he knew full well she wanted to hit him but she held herself back.

"Bilbo..." she uttered with hopelessness. "His name is Bilbo."

The pure pain and restlessness in the little hobbit's green eyes sparked something in Thorin, his descent into madness vanishing for the moment. Drawing his sword, he sprinted into the mountain. Leo watched him and sighed, feeling a hint of hope again.

She pulled her axe out of its sheath and stared through the doors.

"What're you doing, lass?" Dwalin spoke from behind her.

"I'm going to help my brother."

"You can't go in there alone." Ori walked up as well.

"Then come with me."

Without hesitation, all the dwarves drew their weapons and charged into the mountain.

The company raced through the halls they were familiar with, Leo followed and took it in as she went. The ground rumbled as Smaug stomped through the piles of gold, almost knocking the dwarves off their feet. Eventually, they darted into a giant room filled with a sea of glimmering gold, gems, and statues. They saw Thorin in his attack stance with his sword pointed at the dragon.

Smaug.

He was enormous. His head and wings were covered with fleshy spikes covered in red/grey scales that encased his muscular body. His yellow eyes contrasted his white fangs that snarled at the presence of the dwarves. He stood crouched like he was getting ready to pounce on them.