40 || Till death do us part

The marching in the distance became louder as an army of dwarves emerged from over the hill

The marching in the distance became louder as an army of dwarves emerged from over the hill. Leo's eyes widened at the army of dwarves cascading down the hill, the one who led them rode on a large pig.

"Ironfoot," Gandalf stated with a huff.

The dwarves on the rampart cheered "Dain! Dain! Dain!" at the presence of their kin coming to defend them. Thranduil, outraged by the dwarven army, commanded his troops to march towards Dain. Gandalf and the hobbits followed.

"Who is that? He doesn't look very happy." Bilbo asked amusedly.

"It is Dain, Lord of the Iron Hills. Thorin's cousin."

"Are they alike?" Leo asked hopelessly.

Gandalf scoffed. "I've always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two."

"Great!"

Dain and his pig rode onto a boulder as he addresses everyone, his thick accent adding to his aura of chaos. "Good morning! How are we all? I have a wee proposition if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider...JUST SODDING OFF?!" The people of Lake-town began backing away. "All of you! Right now!"

"Oh, he's lovely," Leo remarked tiredly.

"Stand fast!" Bard commanded his people.

Gandalf left the hobbits' side as he approached Dain "Come now, Lord Dain."

"Gandalf the Grey. Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood."

"There is no need for war between Dwarves, Men, and Elves. A legion of Orcs march on the Mountain. Stand your army down."

"I will not stand down before any Elf." Dain spat, "Not least this faithless woodland sprite. He wishes nothing but ill upon my people. If he chooses to stand between me and my kin, I'll split his pretty head open! See if he's still smirking then."

"Dain!!!" The dwarves on the rampart shouted joyfully at their cousin, Thorin smirked.

"He's clearly mad, like his cousin," Thranduil grumbled.

"You hear that, lads? We're on! Let's give these bastards a good hammering!"

"No, no, no. Bilbo are we in a war?"

"I don't...I...yes?"

The two armies began to face off when the ground began to rumble. Every race on the field went wide-eyed at the sound.

"Were-worms!"

A massive, worm-like creature burst through one of the mountains before being joined by other were-worms.

Leo's mouth hung open in complete shock. "Are you kidding me!?" She and Bilbo drew their weapons nervously.

"Oh, come on!" Dain shouted, joining Leo's anguish.