5 || Incineration?!

Gandalf, Bilbo, Leo, and the dwarves rush to the foyer to meet the mysterious guest

Gandalf, Bilbo, Leo, and the dwarves rush to the foyer to meet the mysterious guest. Gandalf opened the door to reveal a dwarf. This dwarf was unlike any dwarf in the room. He was tall for a dwarf, and quite intimidating with his long black hair - with streaks of gray - and piercing blue eyes. This man radiated majesty.

"Gandalf. I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice." He walked into the hall and takes off his coat, everyone watches. "I wouldn't have found it at all, had it not been for that mark on the door."

Bilbo perks up at the notion. "Mark? There's no mark on that door, it was painted a week ago!" He looked and Leo who avoids his gaze and bites at her thumb.

Gandalf scoffs, "There is a mark, I've put it there myself." He takes a deep breath to compose himself after Bilbo's attitude. "Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakenshield."

Thorin crosses his arms and looks at Bilbo. "So, this is the hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?"

"Axe or sword, what's your weapon of choice?"

"Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know. But I fail to see why that's relevant." Leo facepalms, but continues her supportive smiles toward Bilbo.

"I thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar." The dwarves laugh at Thorin's remarks.

Leo smiles turns to a frown, "You don't know him, you have no right to say such a thing." She immediately regrets speaking up - she doesn't know Thorin either or what he's capable of.

Thorin spins on his heels and looks down at her, his brow raises as he didn't notice she was there before. He looks at Gandalf, "this is the other hobbit, I'm guessing?" Gandalf nods. Thorin steps toward her and bends down slightly to meet her angry eyes. He notices Fili behind her almost pleading with his eyes that Thorin doesn't yell at her. Thorin looks back at the girl whose chin is up and her face is strong - she's got a little bit of fight in her. He smiles at her and stands back up, turning around to retreat to the dining room.

Leo lets out the puff of air she had been holding in. Bilbo thanked her and followed Gandalf into the dining room along with all the other dwarves, except for two. She felt two hands on her shoulders - one from Kili and the other from Fili.

Kili leaned down to her and grinned, "were you ready to square up?"

Fili on the other side grinned as well, "I think she could have taken him."

She huffed and shrugged their hands off of her. "I could take any of you." she knew she didn't mean it, but the banter was fun.

"Oh yeah?" Fili challenged as he approached her slowly. She stood her ground, but also prepared to run. As he inched closer she started to back away until she hit a wall - but it wasn't a wall, she looked straight up to see that Kili had suddenly stepped behind her to block her path. As she lowered her head Fili rushed at her and grabbed her, throwing her over his shoulder. She screamed.