✦・one╭╯

Grey eyes and white hair

Grey eyes and white hair. Night stared at her reflection in the mirror. She found it to be unusual. She hadn't dyed her hair; it used to confuse her a lot until she learnt that her mother also had naturally white hair. She sighed and moved away from the mirror. You shouldn't waste your time on this. She scolded herself.

Night worked full time in The Relaxed Hut. It was the most famous café in Busan. She lived alone, so her earnings were enough for her. Unlike most people her age, she didn't go to college. After she graduated from highschool, she started working full time at the café. She didn't want college authorities snooping around, trying to get information about her family.

"Will you wait on table 5 for me?" Ashley asked, interrupting her thoughts.

"Sure." Night replied sincerely, taking a notepad to note down their order. She didn't really mind. It would at least distract her from her thoughts.

"May I please take your order?" She asked an older woman politely.

"A chocolate smoothie and a chicken sandwich." The woman looked up from the menu card and ordered.

While walking back towards the kitchen, she hit her hip on the counter. "It's hilarious, isn't it?" Rubbing her side, she hissed at Ashley, who was snickering.

" You hit yourself at least once a day. It is hilarious," Ashley replied. Night just rolled her eyes and walked towards the kitchen. She was really clumsy and a server. Not an excellent combination.

"HI!" Someone said excitedly near her ear, causing Night to jump. "I'm Sarah! Nice to meet you Night! I'm going to be the new waitress here."

"Uh, nice to meet you too, I guess..." she replied awkwardly. She wasn't a social person. Sarah seemed to be the complete opposite of her, with a bubbly personality.

"So, Ashley told me you are also 16, so I was thinking maybe we could hang out someday-?"

"So, Night! I see you have met Sarah." Ashley said, interrupting nervously, noticing the glare Night was giving her.

"Yeah, we met." She said, stressing the last word.

"So....... I have to get back to work now. Enjoy!" Ashley patted Night's shoulder. Night understood. Ashley was trying to help her. She wanted Night to be a normal teenager, hang out with friends, go on dates with guys and be happy, but she couldn't. Not after what she had done.

"So...um, your nineteen too?" Night asked Sarah after an uncomfortable silence, which grew after Ashley left.

"Yeah. BTW, I love your hair. It suits you."

"Thanks!"

"So, do you want to hang out? I mean, not today, later someday, you know." She added quickly.

Night smiled."Sure."

— ☆ —

There was black smoke all around her house when she got back. The firefighters told her everyone had died in the fire. She was lucky she wasn't there. These words hit Zia like bullets. Josh was in the house...he is dead now. Hot tears fell from her eyes. She had known him all her life; he was closer than family. She sat down on the roadside, not caring about the world. She couldn't understand what was worse, dying or surviving.