✦・twenty four╭╯

The sun was hitting Yoongi's nape. It was a warm day. The sun was illuminating everything below it. There was a homely golden glow on everything the sun's rays touch.

Hoseok had volunteered to drive. Zia was sitting in the passenger seat beside him. The two of them were laughing at the jokes they were cracking.

Night had fallen asleep. Her curled form was in between Yoongi and Jimin. Jimin was making sure she doesn't fall if Hoseok suddenly slams the brakes.

Taehyung was looking out of the window. Occasionally smiling when he saw something cute. Jungkook spread out beside him, looking at the ceiling with no particular interest.

"How much longer?" Jungkook asked, bored.

"Fifteen minutes." Zia turned around, assuring him with a bright smile on her face. Zia hadn't smiled this way before. Yoongi smirked, knowing exactly what made her smile so much.

Yoongi stretched his hands above his head, getting ready to fight. He didn't get a chance to use his powers since he activated them, except for breaking the lock. Night had promised she would help him with his powers when they returned to Hoseok's villa. It had a huge backyard for everyone to practice their powers.

"Night?" Jimin whispered. "Wake up. We're here." It took him some time, but Jimin woke Night up.

Yoongi followed Jungkook out of the door. Hoseok had parked on an empty lawn. The grass was wet, but there was no one to water it. There was a lake nearby, but it wasn't close enough to make the grass damp. Yoongi frowned.

"Look at this." Taehyung said. He was pointing to huge footprints in the grass belonging to a monster. There were smaller human footprints near it.

"Looks like we are in the right place." Jungkook mumbled, looking around for any signs of a fight. Everything looked normal. There were no destroyed trees, only the water was moving. Flat plains rolled for eyes to see.

In the distance, there was a small figure fighting a slightly larger one. Yoongi strained his eyes to see more clearly. The smaller figure moved his hands and water rose from the lake and fell over the monster, giving the smaller figure a chance to get out of the monster's reach.

"Guys, I think they need help." said Yoongi, not taking his eyes off the fight.

They made their way back to the van and quickly got in. Hoseok slammed his foot on the accelerator and turned. This caused everyone to fall to their side. Yoongi fell on Jungkook, who had slammed into Night, who hit her shoulder on the back of the driver's seat. Taehyung and Jimin collided with each other and hit their heads.

"Sorry." Hoseok apologised.

"You should be." Jimin said, rubbing his head and glaring at him.

"Jungkook get off me. You're heavy." Night complained.

Jungkook poked Yoongi's shoulder. "Do you mind Yoongi?" Yoongi realised he was still on top of Jungkook and moved.

Hoseok was driving very fast, and they reached the two fighting figures. The monster was enormous. Hoseok parked the van at a safe distance from the fight and everyone scrambled down.

A tall boy with light brown hair was fighting a Gargoyle. Both of them were soaking wet.

"Trace, how do I use my powers?" Yoongi asked nervously.

"Just summon lightning and use it as you need."

That's it. He thought.

"Who are you?" The boy asked. His light blue eyes sparkled with intelligence.

"We are here to help you. We also have powers." Zia said.

"Taehyung, stay near the van. You'll get hurt." Jimin told him. Taehyung pouted and went near the van, leaning against it.

"Okay. So there are more of these things coming and I have trapped one in the warehouse." the boy said, accepting their help.

"Everyone pick your favourite one." Night said. "I'll be right back." She told Jimin.

Yoongi looked at the herd of Gargoyles coming towards him. He took a deep breath before summoning lightning. It sparkled on his fingertips.

-

"I'll be right back." Night mumbled to Jimin.

She ran to the warehouse. She had started to grow wary of them. Water splashed on her ankles as she stepped on the wet grass. It must have gotten wet from the brown-haired boy fighting off the Gargoyle.

Night slowly entered the warehouse. It was dark, huge, and quiet. Her footsteps echoed around the empty room. She tried to quiet herself by meandering.

Her hand moved up her necklace, and she drew her sword out. Her sword was her fifth birthday present. She smiled fondly at it. She didn't know what she would do if she lost this, too.

Something slammed into her when she was lost in her thoughts. The thing flew with her and threw her at the nearest wall.

Night groaned on hitting the wall. She fell on her fours. The room was lit for her to see what was going on in her surroundings. The Gargoyle was standing in front of her, waiting for her to stand.

She clenched her fists and reached for her sword. It was lying beside her. She gripped the hilt and got up.

The Gargoyle dug its claws into her shoulder, making her scream. Slowly it moved its sharp nails down her shoulder despite her protests. It was burning Night's skin as the monster tortuously moved his fingers, leaving a deep wound on her shoulder. The Gargoyle finally removed its claws from her shoulder. Night kicked it in the stomach with all the force she could muster.

The monster stumbled back. "You killed her." It hissed. "Now I will kill you."

Night was about to attack the monster, but she froze.

How did it know? She thought, panic seizing her.

The Gargoyle smirked, knowing he had hit where it hurt.

"How do you know?" Night whispered. She couldn't believe him. No one had any idea what happened that day. She had tried to forget it, but she couldn't.

"I'm not the only one who knows." The monster whispered back.

Her eyes grew wide. That couldn't happen. They were alone that day, like any other day. It was her fault she died.

"Night, the monster is just trying to get in your head! Don't listen to it!" Vague said in her mind.

Night ignored the advice as she looked at the monster. "Who told you?"

"She did."

He was lying. Night raised the sword and cut one of his wings. It covered her sword with blood. As soon as she cut a wing, the monster let out an inhuman scream. Even Night screamed and dropped her sword. The movement had hurt her injured shoulder. She could feel hot pain shoot up her wound.  

The gargoyle, taking advantage of the situation, picked up its broken wing and stabbed her in the back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N}: Oh no! Will Night be ok? Wouldn't you like to know Shaphires *smirks*? But who is the new boy? Jin or Namjoon? 

I changed my username. What do you guys think about it?

Thankyou so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment on your favourite part. I say this everytime. 💜

~ Blue💙