✦・epilouge╭╯

The aroma of hot chocolate filled the air. Sitting under the stars, on plushy beanbags and chairs, on a cold day with cups full of hot chocolate was pure pleasure. It was a wintry day, but it didn't snow in the Royal Palace. The stars were evident from Eroth. Like gemstones embedded on the black sheet of the night sky, completing the canvas.

The Phenomenal had been staying on Eroth for two months now. It took them a while to adjust and get comfortable, but everything had fallen into place. Their siblings had been coordinated last month by the Phenomenal themselves. Their parents were sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in a heavily guarded jail cell. They couldn't try to escape, they didn't have the nerve to do that.

"Hoseok and Zia are the old married couple you would go for relationship advice." Jin said.

Everyone raised their mugs in agreement. Hoseok and Zia blushed. Hoseok, affectionately took her hand between his own and placed it on his lap. The couple radiated a comfortable energy.

"Jungkook and Jin are the cute couple who are bad at flirting." Night said, adding on to conversation.

The Phenomenal laughed, and the stars twinkled as though they were agreeing with Night's statement. Jin and Jungkook were indeed a cute couple.

"I think we can all agree on this," Jungkook said. "Jimin and Night had to get together for the world's peace."

Everyone roared in agreement, while Jimin and Night glanced at each other lovingly. They knew they had frustrated everyone with their bickering. It was a relief for everyone when they got together.

"Apart from all this, we have to talk about Yoongi." Taehyung said, flashing Yoongi a teasing smile.

"What about me?" Yoongi asked, trying to act confused, but the pink blush covering his cheeks gave him away.

"You and Ixone. Everyone has seen the two of you spend a lot of time together." Jungkook said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh that," Yoongi said. "Yeah, I have a date, the day after tomorrow." He said, trying not to sound excited about it.

Namjoon whistled. "Who asked who?"

"They asked me and it's not like I was going to say no."

Darkness hung low. Everyone sipped their hot chocolate. No one saw Jungkook kissing Jin and trying to get Jin's hot chocolate because he finished his.

Everyone sighed happily, feeling the warmth of the drink sweep through their body. In the darkness, they were glowing. Night was emitting a black glow. Zia was glowing purple. Jungkook was glowing pink. Jimin was glowing white. Yoongi was glowing electric blue. Hoseok was glowing red. Namjoon was glowing light blue, like water. Taehyung gave out a grey glow. And Jin was emitting a green glow.

They looked at each other in confusion. This didn't seem right. What more was left to happen?

"Guys, I think it's time to say goodbye." Psyche said.

"Goodbye?" Zia echoed.

"Yes, a goodbye. It was fun being with you all. Though we spent little time together, we won't be able to forget you for centuries." Vague said.

"Who are you?" Namjoon asked.

"We are the spirits your siblings told you about." Aura said. "The clans are named after us."

"But the voice of the gems...." Jimin said.

"We introduced ourselves as the voice of the gems to keep things simple. It would be too much for your brains when you had just activated your powers." Orb said.

"How did you-" Hoseok said, but he couldn't form his words.

"Act as the voice of your gems?" Ember helped him out. "You all are familiar with your birth. Your surrogate mothers were the first Earthens on Eroth. We couldn't sense any magic on them, but they were pregnant with you. So we attached ourselves to your souls. This gave you the extra power."

Everything started to fall into place. Every oddity had a reason. It would be revealed with time. Every chapter of their lives would lead to these answers. But perhaps they got their last answer. There was any mystery left, except life. For which they would get the answers as the pages turned.

"So you are leaving now?" Night asked.

"Our powers will be gone too right?"

"Yes, your powers will degrade to an average Erothian's power. Yet your emotions will play a huge part while controlling your powers." Aqua said.

"Well, so that's it. Our last goodbye." Clout said.

"Goodbye, stay safe. We won't be able to protect you." Ray said.

Everyone wished farewell. They won't be able to see each other again, not for a long time, maybe never. The gems were the spirits. They would live on for centuries. While the Phenomenal would die one day.

The glows faded. They felt something empty inside. A part of them was gone. The part that protected them over the years had finally left them. They would get used to the feeling and later smile at this memory.

Life goes on. They too will live on.

---------------------------------------------

{A/N}: Didn't think I was going to end it without a epilogue did you?

Phenoemenal is the first book I started writing, a little hard to say goodbye to it. 

Lots of love to everyone who has supported me 💙

Thank you for reading! 
Goodbye...

💙💙💙💙💙