✦・thirty eight╭╯

Taehyung sped up to catch up with Jungkook and Zia, who were waiting for him. He, Zia and Jungkook had to defeat the monsters on the left. They had been walking for ten minutes, but they hadn't encountered a monster yet.

"Hold on," said Zia. "We should make a plan."

"What are you thinking?" Jungkook asked. His doe eyes shining under the sun.

"How do we attack? I was thinking that we should split up and take one at a time."

"But, Jin said there are four monsters here. If we take them one by one, one of them will kill us." Taehyung said.

"We need to know where they are." Jungkook muttered under his breath.

On hearing Jungkook's words, Taehyung smiled. He had an idea.

"Should I fly and see their location? They won't see me." He proposed.

"Good idea." Jungkook answered.

Zia also agreed.

"See you in a bit." Taehyung said before summoning the wind to lift him off the ground.

He had been practising lifting himself up for the past week since he activated his powers. He found it calming to fly at night. Away from all his worries and problems. He could now fly easily.

Taehyung flew high in the air until Zia and Jungkook looked like ants. The soft breeze at that height played with his hair and tingled on his skin. His lips curved upward into a smile.

He moved forward. Lowering himself a little to see the monsters clearly. Bukhansan was rocky and covered with trees. He lowered himself even more and squinted his eyes to see between the canopy of the trees.

The mountains were a good hiding spot because of all the trees and large stones. The monsters could stay there without being spotted.

His eyes caught a flickering movement. It was too big to be a human. He dived to see what it was. The wind whistled in his ears and pushed his hair away from his face.

He was right; it was a monster. One of the most hideous of its kind he had seen. Huge, with fleshy skin and deformed features. He wanted to vomit at the sight of them.

Jin was right. There were four monsters Jungkook, Zia, and he had to kill. The monsters were about fifteen minutes away if they climbed up the stones on their path. Luckily, the monsters weren't moving and lazily stayed in one place.

He flew back and informed Zia and Jungkook about what he saw. All of them started walking in the direction Taehyung said the monsters were.

"Taehyung, you hold two of them back. I'll hold the other one." Zia told them the plan. They were hiding behind a rock, waiting for the right moment to strike. "While Jungkook, you kill the one remaining. Then kill the rest."

Jungkook had picked up a piece of metal from the ground. It had a sharp edge.

At the same time, all of them moved from their hiding spot.

Taehyung made a barrier of wind and trapped two of the four monsters. The strong wind prevented them from moving forward. Zia was concentrating on her monster, stopping it from jumping on Jungkook.

Jungkook stabbed the monster in its chest, where its heart was supposed to be. It only howled in pain but didn't die.

"I don't think it has a heart." Jungkook yelled in frustration, dodging the monster's arm.

"Slice its head off then." Taehyung yelled back.

The monsters he was holding back were constantly trying to move forward. The wind blew more harshly around them, but it couldn't prevent their movement.