✦・forty two╭╯

Jin stumbled due to the sudden crash. The force threw him off the ground and he hit something. He could feel liquid gush down his skin accompanied with a stinging pain.

He felt something soft under his head. It looked like a melon. Jin chuckled. At a time like this, something so ordinary like a melon was under him. He found it absurd.

After laying for a minute he looked up to see where he was. He was stuck in a melon tree. Not the best day of his life.

He looked around, but he couldn't see anyone. There was an uneasy feeling in his gut.

"Jin, you have to find the others." Orb said in his brain. "Right now, the most important thing is that you guys stick together."

"Ok, but any idea how I will get down?"

"Use your brain or powers, don't ask me." Orb said, slightly irritated.

Orb didn't have a lot of patience, Jin noted.

He decided to use his powers. The tree was tall, so he lowered it until he could jump off. All the other trees surrounding it were huge. They might even be bigger than the trees on Earth.

He looked around for their spaceship. Everyone wouldn't be far from it. He limped around. He had bruised his thigh, but right now, he couldn't see how bad it was. Orb kept on repeating how important it was to find the others to a point where it annoyed him.

Gritting his teeth, he tried removing his ring. To his surprise, it was stuck. Before activating his powers, he didn't have any difficulty removing his ring. Jimin had said their heirlooms were supposed to control their powers. They could remove it anytime. Why was it stuck then?

"Orb," he said. "Why can't I remove my ring?"

Orb didn't respond for a whole minute before Jin called out its name again.

"They know you are here!" Orb's voice sounded scared. "Jin, hear me out carefully. Find your friends and hide."

"Why?"

"Because if they catch you, you will be executed."

By they, he guessed Orb was talking about the monsters ruling this planet. He had no idea how the monsters knew they were here. They must have been tracking the spaceship.

His ring was still stuck. He again tried removing it with more force, but in vain. The ring didn't even budge from its place. Orb didn't say anything about why his ring was stuck.

He decided to listen to Orb and find his friends. He looked around to see from where to start. He was in a canopy of trees. He could see an outline of a tall figure in the distance. It could be Namjoon or Jungkook.

He went closer, but the figure started moving. Jin ran to catch up.

"Hold on," he said breathlessly.

The figure stopped and turned around. It was Jungkook.

"Jin, didn't see you." Jungkook started. "Actually, Clout told me to find the others."

"Orb said the same thing to me." Jin replied. "Wait, did Clout mention why?"

"No, Clout didn't say anything about it."

Jin's bones chilled. Orb knew more than Orb had told Jin.

"Can- can you remove your heirloom?"

Jungkook frowned slightly at the strange request, but tried removing his necklace. It didn't come off. His frown grew while he tried harder. Still no luck. He tugged it from the side, but the necklace remained intact. He used his strength and tried to break the necklace's chain. It didn't break. Jungkook tried harder, but his necklace wasn't breaking.