✦・fifty five╭╯

Night entered her room and stepped out of her shoes. They got the communication device their siblings were talking about. It turned out to be a walkie-talkie with a vast range. She found it ridiculous. She had expected something more advanced. After hearing about her birth, she had thought Eroth was in some ways more technologically advanced than Earth. The simplicity disappointed her. Anyone could use the walkie-talkie. What if someone turned it on by accident?

Monsters in Busan attacked Jungkook, Taehyung and Night, but luckily none of them sustained any injuries.

The others who had stayed behind had also killed the swarm of monsters. All of them were tired and resting in their rooms. This had been a long day for everyone.

Night suspected if it was going to get easier from now. It wasn't. They had to be alert everywhere. They never knew what was going to happen.

Jimin had called her a while ago, when she was fighting the monster. Night couldn't answer, but she knew Jimin would be worried. She should pay him a visit after she had cleaned up. She didn't have time to talk to him after last night. She could visualise his smile. The way his eyes formed crescent moons. She had seen it many times, it always made her giddy.

Since she had left her sword on Eroth. She started using her powers more. It didn't feel as weird as she thought it would be. It was almost normal. The same as when she used her powers before.

After taking a shower, she put on her oversized shirt and shorts, which she usually wore while sleeping. She preferred oversized clothes for sleeping. They were more comfortable.

She closed the door of her room and walked down the stairs to Jimin's room. He must be asleep, but she still went to his room. Slowly, she opened the door. Jimin was lying in his bed, his eyes wide open. He was awake. He looked up and saw her.

"Hey," she said, giving him a small smile.

"Vanilla!" Jimin said, sitting up, a wide smile on his face. His eyes formed crescent moons and her heart warmed. "Come here." He opened the blankets for her to lie down beside him and laid back again.

As soon as she slid into the blankets, Jimin pulled her close by her waist. She let out a small giggle and ran her hand through his hair. It was messy from lying in bed for a long time, but soft as clouds. He looked stunning.

"Why are you still awake?" she whispered. There was no need to talk loudly. They could hear each other murmuring against the other's skin.

"I couldn't sleep," he answered, his eyes sparkling. "Why did it take so long for you guys to come back?"

"Attacked." she shrugged. It was part of the daily routine now.

"You didn't get hurt, right?" he asked, worry filling his eyes. She shook her head.

There was silence for a few minutes, where they studied each other. Night's eyes ran over his cheekbones, the slope of his nose, his eyes, the way they turned into crescent moons whenever he smiled or laughed.

"While fighting the monsters," Jimin said. "There were so many of them. So I removed my bracelet. I felt so powerful." His voice was barely above a whisper. "I felt like I could destroy the world if I wanted to. I had never felt this way before. Not even when I activated my powers. How powerful are we?"

"I don't know, but we are too powerful for an average Erothian. You never removed your bracelet before. If you never wore it, you won't notice the difference."

He nodded.

She rubbed her feet against his to generate warmth. Her hand caressed his cheekbones. She held his gaze before leaning in to kiss him. Her lips moved slowly against him and he immediately kissed her back.

Jimin's hand stroked her hair. The tips were still wet. His hands lowered down her back and gripped her waist, and he pulled her closer. There was no space between their bodies. Night wrapped her hands around his neck, deepening the kiss.

Jimin pulled away, panting. She looked at him. His lips were swollen. He gave her an endearing smile. Her heart melted.

"Let's sleep." Jimin whispered in a deep voice.

He slid a hand under her neck and wrapped it around her shoulders. He draped his other hand over her waist. Night snuggled her face into his chest and slung her hand over his side. They slept, holding each other.

-

Jin waited patiently for someone to answer from the other side of the walkie- talkie. They were huddled over the small table in the kitchen. The entire house was empty, but everyone still had to stay in the kitchen.

"Hello?" Silvius's voice came out of the speaker. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes." Zia answered.

"Okay, let me call the others."

Jin knew it was going to be awhile before Silvius gathered the Royal Children. He hummed to himself.

"Everyone's here." Silvius spoke in the controller.

"Were you attacked?" Ixone asked.

"We were." Taehyung said.

"There were monsters left on Earth. It must be one of them. Are they all dead?" Kaius asked.

"We killed all the monsters which attacked us. Hopefully, it was all the monsters." Hoseok said.

"Monsters attacked us too." Taehyung said. "They were probably the last ones alive."

"What happened after we left?" Jungkook asked, his doe eyes wide. He was standing beside Jin.

"Our parents were furious.I think I saw smoke coming out of their ears." Jett chuckled. "But they said nothing to the public. They have given orders that if any guard sees them on Eroth, they can shoot you on sight."

"Oh, they are also planning to kill you on Earth." Zemira added. This sent chills down Jin's spine. "We don't know when exactly they want to do that, but we will keep you updated."

"The last I know, they are gathering soldiers and equipment. They might come sooner than expected." Indira said.

"Night, your parents are devastated and furious that Stephanie's dead. They don't know which one of you did it though." Ixone said in an amused tone.

"Nice...I guess." Night shrugged.

Jin's head buzzed with the information. Everything was happening so fast, time was slipping from their fingers and falling like grains of sand into the abyss below.

"Will you be coming to Earth too?" Jin asked.

"Our parents would take us. They would want us to have real experience of the battlefield." Ahaan said. "Who's gonna tell them we are going to change sides?"

Jin snickered.

"We need to go now, but we will tell you when we leave from Eroth." Adaleiz said and switched off their walkie talkie.

Jin had started a mental countdown until they had to face their parents. He didn't have to kill them, but engage them in battle long enough for the other Royal Children to kill them.

--------------------------------------------

{A/N}: I'm tired of saying this, but gotta so- PLEASE VOTE. 

What's your favourite part of the chapter?

If you have any questions regarding the book, leave them below.

💙