✦・three╭╯

Zia pulled her hood down as she hurried down the lane. She had been following her for a while now, looking for a chance to talk. The girl in front of her turned left, making Zia's head spin. She was in a maze by the looks of it. The girl walked down the streets, pulling out her earphones. She seemed oblivious about being followed.

"Should I try to stop her?" Zia asked Psyche, unsure what to do.

"Using your powers? You will scare her." Psyche replied. 

"So what should I do?" 

"You don't always need to use your powers. Relay on your wits." Psyche advised. Psyche was wise.

Between the exchange of words, the girl had disappeared. Zia panicked and ran to the crossroads, diverging into two. She looked down another narrow street and saw a silhouette illuminated by a flicking street light. In a split second, Zia made her mind and ran to catch up with the girl.

"Excuse me!" Zia said out of breath, her bracelet blinking again. The girl was looking at her with a slight frown. 

"You were at the cafe earlier." She commented. Zia hadn't expected her to remember her. "What are you doing here?"

Zia took a deep breath before starting. "My name is Zia. I'm here because you are chosen for saving the world. You have these superpowers, but you might not have activated them. But when you do, there is going to be a voice which will help you control your power." 

She stopped because of the look the girl was giving her, but said nothing. Zia tried to read her mind to find out what she was thinking. She couldn't reach her mind, she was being blocked out. 

 "Why can't you read her thoughts?" Psyche asked her. Zia had no reply. She was as confused as Psyche about the situation.

 "Why can't I read your mind?" Zia blurted out. The girl's expression changed drastically.

"Why were you trying to read my mind?" She asked in a low, dangerous voice. Shivers ran down her spine. 

"Because you are a Phenomenal, you have these powers which you have to activate." Zia started nervously.

"I know about that." She said gravely.

"You know about your powers? How? Since when?"

"I have known my powers since a long time, perhaps even longer than you." The girl said, uninterested in the conversation.

"Then why didn't your gem blink? It should have if you have your powers." Zia said.  

"I don't use my powers, not since, well, nevermind that. The voice of the gem also has stopped annoying me since I stopped using my powers."

"Psyche said there were magical radiations coming from this place, That was you?" Zia remembered.

"Probably, but I don't use my powers anymore."

Zia looked around, the street was dimly lit and empty. She looked back at the girl who was looking at a cat getting food for a garbage can. 

"Why are you finding Phenomenal, anyway?" She asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence. There was mild interest in the tone of her voice.

"The usual world is in danger and all." Zia shrugged. "Will you join the team?" 

"I don't think so." 

"Why not?" 

"Look I don't use my powers, what use am I going to be?" 

"You don't use your powers! It must have taken a lot of control to do that. You can help with it."
"Why do you want me to join so desperately?" 

"Honestly, I can use all the help I can get. And there must be some way you have activated your powers." Zia said. The girl opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. "What do you say please?" 

"Fine. But I will not use my powers." 

"Sure! And I never asked, what's your name?" Zia said positively beaming.

"Night."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Night and Zia finally meet. Comment on your favourite part of the chapter. Sorry if this chapter bis short the other chapters will be longer. Thankyou for reading. Please vote and comment. 💜

Thanks to Pallavi again for helping me.

Since it's J-Hope's Birthday tomorrow. Our Hope will turn 27. UwU 💜

SPOLIER ALERT! (TRY NOT TO DIE)

OMG

100 READS!!!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH!!! 💜

(A UPDATE TOM FOR HOBI'S BDAY AND I ALSO GOT 100 READS)