✦・twenty five╭╯

Taehyung was a mere spectator of the fight. The others won't let him fight. It was for his own safety, but he still felt useless. He was the only one who hadn't activated his powers.

The Water Boy had killed one Gargoyle, but more were coming. Jungkook, Zia, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Water Boy were ready for them. Jungkook was cracking his fingers. Zia, beside him, was studying the Gargoyles. Jimin had summoned his usual light balls. Electricity was cackling in Yoongi's fingers. Hoseok had also summoned his fire balls. He was getting better at controlling his powers. Water Boy didn't summon water, but he was ready. He had a vast lake behind him.

"There are six of them. Everyone gets one." Jungkook commented.

Hoseok started throwing fireballs on the Gargoyle nearest to him. The Gargoyle wasn't happy about it. It spread its wings, taking off, and landed beside Hoseok. Hoseok raised his arm to attack, but the Gargoyle clawed his forearm, making him gasp and retract his arm. Hoseok quickly raised another arm and shot a fireball in the monster's chest.

The Gargoyle was thrown back by this, and it landed on its back. Hoseok threw fireballs again, but the Gargoyle started dodging them.

"Why don't you die?" Hoseok muttered in frustration.

Hoseok continued, throwing fireballs at the monster. The Gargoyle was flying, making it easier for it to dodge Hoseok's fireballs. Finally, a fireball caught the Gargoyle's wings, and it fell on the floor. Hoseok threw another fireball, which the monster dogged and the tree behind caught fire.

He cursed and edged closer to the Gargoyle. Hoseok stopped throwing fireballs. He pulled his hands inward and thrust them forward, expelling fire. The flames engulfed the monster. Taehyung watched in awe until only the ashes of the previously existing Gargoyle remained.

Hoseok was looking at the ashes gravely, taking deep breaths. Burning someone to death again filled him with guilt. He had completely forgotten about the cut on his hand.

Jungkook was fighting a Gargoyle with his boxing gloves. No one had any idea where he got them from. Jungkook punched the Gargoyle in the face. It stumbled and bore its fangs at him.

He rolled his eyes and punched it slightly harder. The monster stumbled back again. Jungkook finally used some force and sent the Gargoyle flying away, where it hit a tree and fell on the ground. Tasting mud. Jungkook ran to the monster and snapped its neck, killing it at last. He looked proud of himself.

"Taehyung watch out!" Jungkook screamed at him.

Taehyung looked in front of him. Another Gargoyle was flying towards him. It was seconds away from crashing with him. He ducked and scurried away from the monster.

"Sorry Taehyung. You didn't get hurt, right?" Zia said.

Her face beaded with sweat. She concentrated on the Gargoyle, rising it slowly in the air. The monster lifted its hand and dropped it back again.

"It's not that hard to cooperate." Zia told the Gargoyle.

The Gargoyle lifted its hands very slowly against its will. The Gargoyle pierced its chest with its sharp claws and wrenched out its heart. The monster dropped on the ground, still clutching its beating heart. Its eyes wide open with no emotion.

"There was a less heartless way to do it." Hoseok told Zia.

"I couldn't think of anything else, and the Gargoyle is dead now."

Taehyung looked at Jimin. His palms locked in front of him. White mist was blasting the Gargoyle. The white mist always fascinated Taehyung. It was capable of mass destruction, yet gentle enough to heal a wounded soul. Just like Jimin.