Our Loss

Suki's POV

I heard the words I desperately didn't want to hear, the nurse showed sympathy then left, I could see Katara's mouth move but I couldn't hear her talking, all I could hear was white noise, my brain is struggling to process the fact that I'll never be able to talk to her again, But I was snapped back by the arrival of Hahn again.

"Where is she? And what is that doing here?", he looked me up and down, I moved closer ready to hit him, Katara got in my way and smiled at me then looked at Hahn, "Yue has passed Hahn", she sighed, he didn't take the news well, he calmed down and went silent, then simply walked away again. "Where are you going?", Katara asked, "home", and he didn't look back.

He didn't even want to say goodbye, Katara and I waited and waited for the doctors to say we can see her, but it took a long time, it was getting late, Katara fell asleep on me whilst we were waiting as I thought of all my memories with Yue, "ladies", the nurse approached us again, finally we can see her, "I'm afraid her father as said he's the only one allowed to see her, it's a waste of time waiting here, you should be going home", she walked away. I won't see Yue, ever again, I just have to know that she's dead, and I won't ever understand it.

"Come on", Katara yawned standing up helping me up to, "how about you come back with me? I can't let you go home like this, I can make you a snack, how about avocado on toast? I'd love some of that right now", she smiled walking out of the hospital with me, "but you hate avocados, wasn't it last month when you said you would ban avocados from the world if you had the power to?", I tilted my head, Katara stayed quiet, "Katara?", I raised a brow.

"Sleepover at mine it is!", she grinned at me and we continued to walk, I'm not forgetting what just happened. I'm not forgetting Yue either, I promise my love, I'll always remember you.

Sokka's POV

Three guys and a baby, how bad can that be? Usually people would think we wouldn't be able to look after him and we'd panic because a woman isn't around, but Bumi was completely relaxed, he'd make a couple of noises every now and again but he just slept, the others and I were talking things through and ended up playing monopoly for some reason. "Oh Zuko you're in jail!", Aang smiled, "Damn it", Zuko frowned, "sucks to be you Zuko!", I laughed, "Sokka you're also in jail", Aang shook his head, "I hate this game", I pouted.

"Hello?", we heard Katara walk in, Suki following behind her, we all looked back to see them both, "hey how's Yue?", I asked, "She, well she, um", Katara struggled to tell me, she must be protecting me from something, "she's dead, isn't she?", I looked at Katara seeing her nod and look down, I sighed standing up and walking upstairs, "I'll be back in a little bit", I said softly.

I went to my room and opened the window sitting on the window sill and trying not to cry, I've suffered with too much loss, I struggle to handle it all, Katara goes on about our mum just because she was there, but I have a problem with losing people I care so much about, Yue lived a life of being pushed around and told what to do, her father controlled her whole life, she was bullied, she was sad. It should be a relief that she's passed because she won't ever be with that fiancé of hers who would ruin her life even more, she's in a better place, but I still don't want her gone.

"Hey", I looked back to see Suki, I waved and watched her walk over to sit beside me on the window sill, our shoulders touching as we looked out together, "I miss her", I sighed shaking my head, "I can't believe someone so kind and sweet is lost forever", I continued letting myself cry, I couldn't hold it back anymore. "She isn't gone", Suki looked up at sky, "Suki, you have to accept that she isn't coming back", I frowned at her, "Yue will always be with us, sure I need to let the thought of never seeing her again sink in, but she isn't far from us, I can feel it", I watched tears fall from her cheeks and how the shone in the moonlight, wrapping one arm around her shoulders and holding her close, looking up with her. "She's here".

Aang's POV

Katara explained everything that happened, what she saw and what she thought about it all, I specifically wanted to hear about Hahn and what his behaviour was like, I was pacing whilst Katara was sat down explaining. "It was him, I know it, he sounds like he's been acting shifty", I frowned as I thought about what he was like when we first saw him, "Though he seemed genuinely scared when he approached us", I continued, "he did seem overwhelmed by emotions at the hospital, I'm not sure if it was him or not", Katara shrugged.

"You'll find out when the cause of death is announced right? Did they tell you?", Zuko asked walking in with more tea giving some to Katara, "couldn't learn a thing, Yue's father wouldn't let anyone see her apart from him", she shrugged looking at the tea blankly then put it down instead of drinking it. "We'll find out, and then we'll teach them a lesson", I continued to pace, "I thought he was all peace and tranquillity?", Zuko whispered loud enough for me to hear, "I am, I hate that I'm feeling horrible emotions like this, it makes me feel like the bad guy here, but whoever did this to my friend, they're going to pay", I didn't make eye contact with him.

"But that's a good thing to stand up for people close to you", Katara watched me walk back and forth, "but I'm standing up for someone who's dead, I should let them rest and the family mourn them", I stopped and took a deep breath, "but she lives on through our memories, you can still stand up for her Aang", Katara stood up and cupped my cheek.

"Yeah", I looked over at Bumi in his crib and smiled down at him, I just need to let my thoughts fade away. Katara looked at me then Zuko, "I'm going for a walk, I won't be long", she walked out, "so she didn't drink her tea? She usually drinks it incredibly fast, but she hasn't touched it", Zuko furrowed his brows. "It's just tea Zuko she must've not wanted it", I picked up Bumi and raised a brow at him, "yeah you're right", he sounded confused still. He's turning into his uncle every day that passes.