Home

Aangs POV

It took me a while to figure out how the map worked on my phone, but in the end I made it to Sokka's and Katara's place in one piece. It was a regular house, pretty plain, like the other places here. Though I did live in the mountains, it was a lot cooler up there. temperature and description wise. I looked down at my phone then back at the house. yep this was definitely the spot.

I walked up the steps and knocked on the door, I quickly looked around as I waited rubbing my arms to keep me warm, the door opened letting out a flood of light from inside. "Oh hey Katara, you left this at school so I thought I'd give it back to you". I smiled showing her the bag. "oh yeah my bag, thanks Aang", she quickly took it and turned to go inside. "W-Wait Katara", I stopped the door from closing and put my hand in my pocket.

"This fell out", I handed it over to her, she looked confused at first but when she actually read through it her emotions changed. "I know it's none of my business, and I didn't peak, all I saw were the words dear dad. I don't want to step over cautious ground here but, I know what it's like to not have a dad around. I kind of look for a father figure in everyone I meet, all the monks are like fathers to me. The teachers. Even Sokka, well kind of. But I kind of realised I shouldn't be looking for a father to make me happy. I should be looking for a friend. They're way better", I chuckled softly as she looked up from her letter to listen to me.

"Anyway, I better get off your backs, I hope you feel better soon", and with that I walked away, I took a deep breath, I've never said that to anyone before, it felt good. "Aang!", I heard Katara and turned around seeing her running over with a coat. "Here, you seem cold", She smiled handing me the coat then looked down. "I really needed to hear that", Katara looked back up at me, her eyes capturing the light of the moon above us. "Do you maybe think we could post this letter?", I gave her a nod and we walked to the nearest letter box, she stared at it for a while. I helped her out by holding the letter with her and putting it in.

"There we go, is there anything else I can do?", I looked at her watching her turn to face me fidgeting with her hands anxiously. "No, thank you. I mean it, thank you Aang", She stepped towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist, burying her face into my chest. She was so warm. I wrapped my arms back around her with a blush spreading on my cheeks.

"I better go home. you as well. Don't be late to school", She turned away then stopped herself. "Aang. Don't tell me you're walking up the mountains, and you're staying somewhere in the area". I shook my head and shrugged. "I don't mind the walk and-". Before I could finish my sentence Katara grabbed me by the collar and took me back to hers. "No way am I letting you walk up that path in pitch black. I don't want you getting hurt, you're staying with Sokka and I, I'm sure someone can bring down your belongings here right?".

To be honest I was too distracted to listen to what she was saying. She was so different to the other girls in school, she was caring and sweet. Maybe a little stubborn but, that made her more adorable in my eyes. "U-Um, yeah s-sure". She helped me inside and took off the coat hanging it up. "Sokka, Aang's here". "Huh? Aang?". Sokka walked over in his blue pyjamas. I waved with a small chuckle.

After explaining what Katara's plan was Sokka simply shrugged and said, "Cool". This was all new to me, I sat down at the table as Sokka did and began talking like we did in poetry class. Though Katara was the only thing on my mind. "make room boys", Katara walked over with plates of food. Luckily she made enough for me, And it was delicious, it seems like she's learned a few things about cooking and must've done it for a while. "Okay, so if I'm going to stay here I have one rule, I cook sometimes, and I clean the kitchen after you've made food", I offered but Katara refused. I quickly picked up the plates after we finished eating and found my way to the kitchen. "starting today!", I beamed as I cleaned up.

After cleaning I walked back in to see just Sokka at the table. I want to talk to Katara why doesn't she stay with us and chat. "I'm going to head up to bed, you're bunking with me so I guess you have to come up too", I nodded and followed him up, he showed me where everything was then finally showed the room, it was a little small but, it had everything we needed, Sokka flopped on the bottom bunk. "don't make too much noise, I don't like be woken up", Sokka grouchily turned away. I looked around for some clothes for me to sleep in and picked out a shirt and shorts, all blue. Damn this guy loves his blue.

"Sweet dreams guys", Katara said from the other side of the wall, I quickly turned to look at the direction of her voice and beamed. "goodnight Katara! you too!". "yeah have a good sleep and all that rubbish", Sokka grumbled as he was half awake. I climbed onto the top bunk with ease and relaxed in the bed. I was too excited to sleep at first but as I fell asleep I started to dream. It was Katara.

Everything was really blurry, there was nothing around me until an image of Katara and I at the post box hugging was shown. "huh?", I could see Katara and I, but she pulled away from the hug. "Aang, I can't control myself, I constantly want to be around you, I need you to come home with me, I need you to stay so I can be with you forever. Stay Aang. Stay for me", Katara leaned forward and pressed her lips onto mine, like her hug it was warm and soft, her lips were so gentle but she pushed me back. "Get up!", I raised my brow as she ordered me, "Katara?". "we're gonna be late wake up!". I snapped out of it and sat up hitting my head on the ceiling. "oww", I frowned then turned to see Sokka.

"You better get ready or Katara won't be happy".

I don't know.

She seemed happy enough in that dream.