Just as life was getting better

Zuko's POV

Class was still super boring, professor Bumi is getting so old he falls asleep in class and doesn't even realise it, but alas the day was over and I got to go back to my warm bed, I put my bag on my shoulder and out with Mai, I stopped. "Something wrong?", Mai turned back and raised a brow. "I was going to wait for Sokka", I looked back at the school. "He'll be doing some sort of stupid club, just message him later", Mai shrugged and kept walking. "Yeah you're probably right", I frowned and followed her, she stopped me. "What?". "Look", she pointed, I followed where she was pointing. It was Azula and Katara. An unlikely pair to be around each other let alone talking. "Are they spending time together?", I tilted my head, nobody wants to spend time with Azula.

"Whatever, let's just get out of here", Mai rolled her eyes and walked in the opposite direction to them, was she upset that Azula was starting to make friends? Mai, Azula and Ty Lee used to be really close, I thought Mai wouldn't care but it seems like she does. I'll get down to this.

Katara's POV

Azula and I met up after school and walked to a cafe next to the school, I'm stunned that she decided to show. We sat down at a table it was quiet, it's super awkward. "So, who's the father?", Azula looked through the menu and glanced up at me as she asked them looked back down at the menu. Her question caught me by surprise I looked at the menu not sure if I should answer her truthfully. "It's the monks isn't it?", Azula put her menu down and raised a brow, guess she answered her own question for me. "Yes, it's Aang's", I put my menu down and shrugged. "But he's not around-", Azula interrupted. "So what? You don't need him, look how well you're holding up, you're better off without him", she checked her nails as she spoke. I smiled and shook my head.

"He's out of my life, our of lives, I'm still adjusting to the whole baby thing", I looked down at my stomach then looked up worriedly. "You'll be fine, you'll adjust sooner or later, relax", Azula smiled warmly. "Thank you, I will", I smiled back. Whilst we were talking a waiter fell into the table spilling coffee onto it. "I-I'm so sorry!", they panicked. "So you should be, you need to look where you're going and-", I stood up and interrupted Azula. "Clean this up immediately and get us two slices of your best cake for free so we don't tell your boss about this", I crossed my arms, the waiter nodded and walked away. Azula smiled up at me and chuckled, "we're more alike then I thought".

Ty Lee's POV

I haven't checked in on Azula in a while, I've been giving her some space because of her rocky relationship with Mai, I didn't want to be in between any arguments I get enough of those at home, I walked into the student council room to see no one there. That's not like Azula to leave before the clubs are over. I raised a brow and looked around, it's actually a bit of a mess in here, she must be in a dark place, she's disorganised she's never like this. Somethings wrong with my 'Zula. I'll catch up with her tomorrow I suppose. I walked out and shut the door behind me. I heard voices down the hall and jumped back noticing that it's Sokka's and Yue's. I recorded everything on my phone.

"Thanks for everything today, you're so helpful and sweet", Yue smiled and held her books in her hands. "No problem Yue it was my pleasure to help you, and remember to go to poetry club tomorrow it'll be awesome to have you there", Sokka held the rest of her books in his own hands. Looks like she's making good use of her womanly charms. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world, see you tomorrow Sokka!", she picked up her books from him and kissed his cheek before walking away, Sokka walked in the other direction. I stopped the recording and sent it to Suki, she's going to go crazy about this. "Uh hey?", I jumped and held my chest. "Jeez you scared me there", I turned around and felt my eyes widen from surprise. "Aang!?".

Sokka's POV

I walked out of school and looked around for Zuko, I thought we were going to spend time together after school? Guess not, I sighed and began walking home, I checked my phone for messages but got nothing from him, he must be with Mai then. I hate this feeling, he can hang out with any one he wants to, but I want him to be mine and I want everyone to know he's mine. I put my phone down as I got to the house and walked in, "hello?", I looked around, Katara wasn't in. I haven't actually seen her at all today, I put my bag down and remembered this morning. The test.

I ran upstairs and checked the bathroom, nothing, I checked the bin, nothing, I checked her room. I found it. I picked up the test and pulled a face, these stick things are so gross. Two lines! Wait I don't know what two lines mean, I think that's positive. Guess I'm going to be an uncle, lucky little thing, I heard a knock at the door and sighed walking to the door forgetting I'm holding the test in my hand, I opened the door. Aang was stood outside with his bags, just like the last time I saw him. "Aang!", I smiled and hugged him, it was great to see him again, "Sokka! I've missed you, where's Katara?", We walked into the living room then noticed the test in my hand. "Is that a...?" I nodded and sighed, I shouldn't be the one to tell him but I can't not tell him now. "Yes it's a test, she's positive Aang", I frowned not sure how he would react.

"Sokka I'm home!", Katara walked in with a smile on her face closing the door behind her and putting her bag down, she walked into the living room, she saw Aang, she saw me, she saw the test.

"Do you still think Bumi is a bad name for a baby?".