We've changed part 2

Zuko's POV

From fighting as kids, to hurting eachother as teens, and now to lovers, Sokka and I have a pretty odd relationship, and it'll be a difficult thing to explain to Bumi when he starts asking about it. We stood together at Katara's side, I guess she sees me as family. "He's such a stunner isn't he", Katara's dad stood on the other side of the bed looking over at Bumi. "Well he had to get his looks from somewhere", Aang smirked crossing his arms, receiving a glare from Katara. "I'm joking of course, he obviously got his looks from you", Aang sat down, he seemed exhausted, maybe he should go home. "Can I hold him?", Sokka reached out, Katara hesitantly nodded. Sokka couldn't stop crying and neither could his father. "We better get going Sokka", his dad spoke after a couple of minutes, "can you take Aang with you? He's had to deal with a lot over the last couple of hours", Katara smiled at Aang who as asleep in the chair. "But what about you? You'll be here alone?", Sokka frowned. "No I won't, Zuko will be here", "will I?", I tilted my head then shrugged, "I don't mind staying".

It took a long time for Aang to leave, he didn't want to go without Katara and Bumi so he basically had to be dragged away. The others came in to see the baby, First Suki walked in with Yue and Toph. "Aw look at those little hands of his", Yue gasped putting her hands to her cheeks getting excited. "I'm so proud of you Katara", Suki leant over the bed and gave her a hug. Toph even held him, "it's so, squishy", she pulled a face and handed him back, "I don't like it". Then Mai, Azula and Ty Lee walked in, Katara still didn't completely trust Azula after the incident on the trip, but she was guilty, Katara wanted to trust her. Ty Lee squealed and spoke in a baby voice the whole time she was there, Azula was given a chance to hold him. "Uhh, I don't know if this is the right thing to do, oh okay we are doing this", she panicked and held him in her arms, "you look so cute with a baby in your arms honey", Ty Lee rested her head on Azula's shoulder. "Don't get any ideas", Azula frowned but it was clear she liked holding Bumi. Mai got a chance to hold him too, she looked at him not saying anything then gave him back to Katara, "nice baby". They left.

It was just me and Katara, Bumi had to be checked by the nurses, I sat by her bed and rubbed the back of my neck, "so, how are you feeling?", "like I've just given birth to the titanic", Katara chuckled and sat up crossing her arms. "Do you remember when we played family, on the playground?", I laughed. "Oh god yeah, I was always the mum, that's weird huh?", Katara looked at me with a smile on her face. "I liked you when we were kids, I loved you even", "don't get all gross", Katara smirked. "It's crazy how things have changed now, I'm head over heels in love with your brother", I felt my heart beat faster as I thought of Sokka. "Yeah that's a little weird, but hey whatever I'm happier you fantasising about my brother then with me", we laughed.

"So what's your plan? Surely you don't have enough money to support Bumi", I asked, "we have made a decision to let my father stay with us, he'll help with money, and hopefully parenting skills with any luck, though I'm sure he'll be learning off me, Aang's looking for a job too", Katara explained. "He is? How would he feel about working in a tea shop? My uncle pays well and I'd love to help you out", I smiled at her. "Really? That's great thank you so much!", Katara leant over and gave me a hug. "You're a great friend Zuko, crazy to think we said such mean things to each other and wanted to kill one another only two years ago", "yeah well, I still hate you", I chuckled. "I hate you too", she gave me a small squeeze before lying back down.

Aang's POV

It's happened then, I have a son, I'm a father, this is so much to take in, suddenly I can't sleep, I'm extremely exhausted but I need to know Bumi is safe, I need to know he's with Katara and they're both okay, they're in a hospital that's safe enough right? But wait what if someone put a bomb in the hospital!? I sat on the end of my bed then heard my phone ring, I picked it up. "Hello?", "Aang, we were just wondering when we could visit you again, it's been a couple of months, we miss you up here, your positive energy, your cheeky smile and your wit, nobody is as good at pranks", I heard a monk speak from the other side of the phone, I can't hide him now can I? It would hurt Katara, and I don't want to hide him. "How about in just one months time? I was planning a party, a celebration", I spoke into the phone. "A party? What for?", the monk asked. "I'll explain when you come down, I'll send you the date when I have everything planned too, have a good day!", I hung up before they could say anything else.

I was planning a party for Bumi, and we could all use a night of freedom and just relaxing, I could tell the monks there. The door opened downstairs, I could hear a baby crying. It's him, it's them! I got up quickly and ran down the stairs, "hey you", I smiled and wrapped my arms around Katara, "I need to sleep, and by the looks of things so do you, c'mon", Katara held my hand and took me upstairs. "What about Bumi?", I frowned softly, "my dad and Sokka are going to keep an eye on him, I've fed him so he should hopefully just go off to sleep, like us", she sat down on the bed and patted the space beside her. "So...", she looked at me. "So", I said as I sat down.

"Parents, yay", Katara chuckled awkwardly, "yeah", we were taking it in, we were old, I felt like I've aged twenty years in just one night. "Do you think he's okay?", Katara asked and looked at the door. She was getting attached to him, just like me. "He should be fine, come on", I smiled and held her waist falling back on the bed with her kissing her lips. "Alright", Katara smiled and kissed back, cuddling close. Time to sleep and relax. The noise of Bumi crying could be heard, "Aang...", "your father and Sokka have it covered. The cries continued. "Aang", Katara sat up and looked at the door again. "You want to go get him?", I smiled. She nodded and quickly walked out the door with a bright smile on her face, just the thought of Bumi made her light up.

Here we go parenthood, give us your best shot.