The journey back

Mai's POV

It was safe to say that the trip was a disaster, everyone seems to be irritated with one another, on the trip back I was sat with Aang. I thought he'd be super irritating and talkative but he's just sat there, we've shared some snacks and I made him listen to some of my music and we vibed together for a bit, he can be chill when he wants to be, and I like the guy for that, it's an unlikely friendship. Katara was sat with Zuko, they have been talking the whole bus journey, I don't know what about but they're getting along great, they're closer then I thought they would be.

Azula was sat with Ty Lee, no surprise there, I love Ty Lee but I can see she wants Azula, so I'll have to let her go. Sokka has been sat with Toph, they've talked every now and again but Sokka seems a little down. Suki was sat with Yue and they surprisingly got along, they both liked Sokka and now that they've gotten over him they've found a friendship, which is weird. The trip back felt odd. How we all split off into these different couples, it worked but it just didn't feel right. "Did you enjoy the trip?", Aang looked forward. "It was fine, bad but I was having fun at least", I shrugged as I was playing a game on my phone.

"Do you think things will ever go back to normal?", I heard him ask. "Normal? You really don't know this academy at all do you?", I shook my head not looking up from my phone. "Huh?", he watched me a I continued to play my game. "It hasn't been normal here ever since you've shown up", "oh, I see", I heard sadness in his voice and stopped the game. "But like not in a bad way, okay maybe in a bad way, but also good", he just looked at me with a confused look on his face. "Look around, everyone is talking to each other, everyone's close, sure we've had fights and bad days, but who doesn't? Everyone who's sat together right now would've barely spoken or even thought about speaking to each other before you came, a part from Ty Lee and Azula of course", I shrugged.

"But I didn't do this", Aang looked around then back at me. "Well you must've done something because they weren't like this before you showed up, normal isn't a good thing, this is a good thing, okay?", the bus came to a stop, I stood up and picked up my bag. "You're right, thanks Mai", Aang grinned and went in for a hug. "Get off the bus", I frowned pushing him back by extending my arm with my hand on his head. "Alright alright", Aang rolled his eyes and chuckled getting his things and walking off. "Aang!", some weird old guys were waiting for him. "Get Katara to put a coat on, it's cold", Aang quickly spoke to me before greeting them. I did as he said. Weirdo.

Katara's POV

It wasn't cold at all, but I don't want Aang to worry so I put a jacket on, I got off the bus with the others and stood with Sokka. "How're you doing? That was a big decision you made today", I frowned, I hate seeing him so sad. "It had to be done, he didn't react well to people knowing about us, that means he doesn't want people to know about me, if he's not ready then we won't be together", Sokka shrugged looking away. "Alright", I sighed, this isn't my problem I'll let them settle this.

"Katara, Sokka, meet the monks aka my family!", Aang beamed as he walked over, he didn't say their names he just called them monks. Sokka and I both shook their hands, "it's so nice to meet you", I smiled. It was nice to see Aang happy. We walked back home, Aang gave the monks a quick tour before getting in, "I'll make some tea for you all", I showed them to the living room and began to take off my jacket. "Woah Katara it's freezing in here, don't take that off!", Aang quickly put my jacket back on and smiled walking into the living room. What was up with him? I kept my jacket on and went to make the monks their tea, I was beginning to get hot, it's not cold at all.

I took their tea in with a smile and sat down, I'm sweating now, I'm going to need to take this jacket off soon. "So Katara, how're you?", one of the monks turned to me, they must be asking about the pregnancy. "I feel a little large but I'm sure it'll be worth how big I get huh?", I laughed softly, I received some odd looks, the subject quickly changed. "How's Appa?", Aang turned to the monks. "Appa is he a monk?", Sokka raised a brow and drank some tea. "No no, Appa's my dog, we found him on the mountains, someone tied him up there and left him for nature to kill him, but luckily we saved him, took him in and have him a home", Aang explained.

"I hope you'll be as protective over Bumi", I smiled. "Have you got another dog Aang", the monks looked at him in confusion. "No I don't, the neighbours have a cat though, I'm trying my best to befriend it", I heard Aang talk but didn't take in what he said. I stood up and walked upstairs looking at myself in the mirror, now I get it. I took off my jacket to reveal my baby bump. He didn't tell them, he lied, and now I must've sounded so stupid. But not only did he not tell them, he wants to further keep it from them. I rested one hand on my stomach and rubbed it gently. Why would he do that? He's ashamed of me, maybe they'll think I'm some kind of whore, I shouldn't be some comfortable with it myself should I? I quickly got up and found one of my old corsets.

I struggled to get it on, I panted and sucked in as much as I can, after I put it on I looked at myself in the mirror, there was no sign of a bump at all, it was painful to wear but I have to keep it on. I put a shirt over it and walked back downstairs to sit with the others. "Sorry for earlier, I was feeling sick from the trip back", I smiled and sat beside Sokka.

It was nice to get to know the monks, and listen to what Aang was like when he was younger, but I could barely focus, the pain was overwhelming. I kept it hidden until the monks left then quickly went to the kitchen to take off the corset, my bump popped out, I threw the corset on the floor and leant onto the counters groaning. "Katara!?", Sokka ran in and rubbed my back supportively as I groaned, he looked down at the corset and sighed. "I was wondering how you looked so small, why did you do it Katara?".

"Aang didn't want the monks to see it, I felt ashamed of myself Sokka, it was stupid I know but I panicked", I panted lightly. "Don't do it again okay?", Sokka continued to rub my back then looked over at Aang as he walked in. "Hey what the hell was that? Why did you tell us they knew about the baby? Why did you lie?", Sokka moved away and angrily pushed Aang back. "They wouldn't accept me if they knew I wasn't a virgin anymore okay! I wouldn't be a monk! I wouldn't have any family", Aang frowned. 

"You have a family, we are your family", Sokka yelled. "You need to tell them", "I can't", Aang replied bluntly. "Then Katara's going to keep wearing this stupid corset, she feels ashamed of herself because of this, wake up Aang, it's not all about you", Sokka threw the corset at him and walked out.

"Katara..."

"Leave me alone..."