The Proposal

Aang's POV

I stood proudly on the stage with everyone watching, it's time I asked, it's the right moment, with our school life ending I don't want us to end, we should leave happy, but god I'm so nervous, I'm sweating buckets.

After asking Katara the big question she didn't respond, this was thrown at her from nowhere, I understand she must be pretty confused right now, so I'll help reassure her that she should say yes, I should get my feelings out there.

"I'm sorry I've proposed like this, but I couldn't wait a moment longer, I want you to know how serious I am with you, this is a vow to never leave your side, I don't want to go away from you anyway. Katara you're my best friend, but I can't think of marrying anyone better then my bestest friend in the whole world, you're girl I can be myself with, a girl that makes me feel so special. We've had it tough that's for sure, but we run at our problems together whilst holding hands and taking a deep breath, we've survived storms in our relationship, we survived having a baby. let's walk together in the sunshine now, please, be with me, be my wife".

Katara watched me with her eyes filled with tears, from here I couldn't tell if they were happy or sad ones, she must still have doubts. "I know I'm not mr perfect, I know I'm not always great and I wish I could promise you the whole world! But I can't do that, all I can do is give you my world, it'll go nicely with my heart that you stole when I first looked into your eyes", I chuckled lightly.

I noticed Sokka give looks at Katara, everyone seemed to be on the edge of their seat waiting for her response. Suki quickly made her way over to her and held her hand whispering to her, she must be seeing if she's alright, this is a huge shock, but I'm starting to feel sick from my nerves. "Come on Katara!", "we need an answer!", "don't leave the kid hanging!", "what's taking so long!?", the people around us also seemed to be nervous for me.

Katara let go of Suki's hand and stepped forward so she was at the edge of the stage looking up at me, "you never cease to amaze me, and terrify the hell out of me", she shook her head and giggled wiping tears from her cheeks, "This is a really big shock", she looked down as she thought. I bit my lip still in suspense with the rest of the room.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done all of this", I sighed and turned back putting the microphone back on the stand, it was too early to ask her, I looked back to see her stood in front of me on the stage.

"It's my turn to say some pretty words", she smiled and held my hand squeezing it softly, is this a good thing? "Aang, hang on let's get specific here, My Aang", she looked around at the others watching us, she's always making sure people know that we're an item. "My sweet sweet Aang, y'know I haven't met anyone like you, you're so interesting and creative, I never really know what's ticking away in that head of yours", she giggled still holding my hand.

"I don't know how my younger self would react if she was told she would have a baby with a monk in her future. If I could describe you, I'd say dream, you're like a dream, soft and warm, but can sometimes turn dark and become a nightmare but that's not often, you say you aren't mr perfect but I don't want mr perfect. Like I said before I haven't met anyone like you before, so I better hold onto this dream right? I can't let you go and make another girl as happy as me, of course I'll be your forever girl my love", she beamed brightly and brought me in for a kiss.

My heart was beating so loudly I could feel it try to escape my chest and run away with Katara's, this was what I wanted, the kiss was long and passionate, I was ready to dunk her into it and be romantic, but she beat me to it, dunking me. We broke the kiss and walked off stage to go into the halls together, "that was amazing! Baby we're getting married!", I grinned going in to kiss her again.

But she held her hand up to my lips to stop me, her smile had faded, she looked tense, nervous, was all that a lie? "I need to tell you someone important before you celebrate anymore, I've needed to tell you for quite some time but I didn't want it to ruin any kind of happiness, but before you properly decide to be trapped with me for life, you should know this", she spoke with a heavy heart. What could she be talking about?

Sokka's POV

"Well that happened", Azula crossed her arms stood with the rest of us who have gathered to an emergency meeting in the defence club room.

"That was so romantic, they were adorable up there! They looked like king and queen everyone was so involved in the drama, this night cannot get any better", Ty Lee excitedly sat down beside Azula.

"Careful there Azula seems like someone wants a proposal", Toph smirked sat beside Suki who remained quiet, as everyone else spoke.

"I don't think so", Mai laughed shaking her head at the thought of Azula proposing, I must admit I can't see her doing it either, Azula loving someone so much she wants to be with them for life? Yeah, No. In Ty Lee's dreams.

"I could propose if I wanted to, to anyone I don't completely despise, spoiler alert no way in hell would it be to you little miss problematic", Azula didn't react well to Mai's comment.

"Guys we're going off the reason why we're here, I'm worried about them, they can't rush into this, did you see how scared Katara looked before she talked? She didn't want to be there at all", I paced the floor bitting my lip as I remembered the look on Katara's face.

"They certainly rushed into unprotected sex and having an unwanted baby so rushing into this won't surprise me", Azula shrugged.

"Shut up Azula!", every one of us yelled the same thing at her at the same time, she simply put both her hands up in defeat and rolled her eyes.

Suki was still quiet.

"Suki, you talked to her when she looked like she was going to pass out, what did she say?", I stopped pacing and stood in front of her.

"I don't know if I'm the one who should say it", Suki shook her head at me then looked away to avoid eye contact.

"Suki, you can tell us", Toph reached out and felt around the space until she found Suki's shoulder and patted it softly.

"Maybe I can just say one thing", she took a deep breath and..........