You've crossed a line

Sokka's POV

Aang and I were waiting for Suki to finish changing for quite a while until we figured out that she wasn't going to turn up and must've left already. This kind of hurt as she promised to come with me, but I suppose this isn't the first time and it won't be the last time either. I sighed as we walked away which caught Aang's attention.

"something wrong?", Aang looked at me showing concern. "I'm okay, it's just been a long day and I need to focus on my poetry, you don't have to come with me you know, you're free to do whatever you want now it's club time", I shrugged as we walked together, "you're welcome to try out poetry club though".

Aang paused and thought for a while then nodded and followed me to the club. I hate to admit it. but I like him. I feel like I actually have a guy friend. We went sat down together and focused on poems, I noticed him glancing at mine and blushed brightly, covering up my poem. "A little bit of privacy please Aang?", he chuckled and shook his head, he read out his poems about his life with the monks, and we found out things about eachother, had a pun battle on who had the best one obviously it was me, and I taught him how to use a phone which took way longer then expected. Overall, I had fun with him.

Azula's POV

Alone in the council room, it's quiet but in a way nice. The girls are in their clubs, which means I'm going to have to find a way to amuse myself for an hour. Just when I had a minute of peace my brother stormed in to disrupt it. "Azula, I need to talk to you about Aang", he stood at my desk with his fists tightened.

"Good, I'm bored and I need amusing. But next time don't be so rude and knock, you did learn manners a long time ago please don't tell me you lost them along with half of your face", I smirked putting my feet up on the desk and leaning back in my chair. "He's extremely fast, fastest student I've ever seen, I bet he's good at most sports, but he showed a lot of personality to me, and it clearly seems he doesn't care for people such of our importance, He's also walked away whenever I've spoken to him", Zuko huffed and began to pace, my eyes following him as he goes back and forth.

"oh dear the boy has no manners, you can't say much to that Zuzu, your manners are also appalling, I think what you're dealing with is a taste of your own medicine. don't let this drive you insane. Thank you for reporting back to me as I asked, now run along. I'm bored again and I don't want you around to stink up my lovely council room", I watched him walk out in silence and chuckled. I have so much power over my brother. I could make his life fall apart if I wanted.

Katara's POV

I was walking down the corridors, making my way back to my locker because it's the end of the school day. My head was still hurting, I kept looking down and holding my head, not realising it, I walked into someone, "o-oh I'm sorry". I looked up to see Zuko, I walked into Zuko of all people why the hell didn't I look where I was going!?

"you should be", He picked up one of the books I dropped and held it out to me then raised a brow. "Are you okay? you look terrible", he held onto the book when I reached out to get it. "Gee thanks Zuko", I lunged forward and got my book back. "No seriously, you look like you're going to pass out", He followed me as I continue walking to my locker.

"thanks for your concern Zuko, but I'm okay", i replied sarcastically, why was he suddenly so interested in me? and why does he care? "hm okay, take it easy though", He looked me in the eye, I didn't see anger or sadness, I saw worry. He was worried about me. Now that's weird.

"Hey", I jumped as I heard a grouchy voice from behind whilst Zuko left. "Jeez Mai. what do you want?", I opened my locker and put some things into it that I didn't need to bring home. "Just checking you weren't chatting up my boyfriend. Are you?", she stayed behind me leaning against the wall. "No I haven't. Aren't you both split up anyway, why would that matter if someone was?", I shut my locker and raised a brow back at her.

"We're on a break", She stepped towards me, and because of my mood I wasn't backing down. "Oh a break? just like the other twenty breaks you've had in your relationship. Sounds like you have a really healthy one there Mai", She scoffed and walked away, I leaned against the lockers and sighed, closing my eyes for a second and rubbing my temples, it's getting worse.

"Yo Katara!", I heard Sokka's voice but I can't take it right now, I kept my eyes shut and tried to drown his voice out. "Aang and I went to poetry class together, we sat and we talked and-". "That's great", I replied with my eyes firmly shut. "jeez, hang on you didn't even let me finish, just listen to me, Katara what's up with you? Katara?", Sokka kept getting closer and getting more irritated when i didn't answer. That's far from what I need right now. I let everything out. Like a burst dam, once it begun I couldn't stop it.

"SHUT UP!! can you not see I'm going through something right now?? can you not just give me some time to breathe and take a second to clear my head!? I'm tired, I'm in pain, I'm upset, and I want to go home. you are so oblivious to see when I'm aching, or maybe you know what you're doing and you just keep pushing my buttons and keep crossing that goddamn line! and I've had it!", I let tears stream down my face along with the words I've needed to speak out for so long, I don't care who overheard.

I looked at Sokka seeing his shocked expression before running out of the school and wiping my eyes, trying to stop the flow of tears. I knew i wasn't really mad at Sokka, sure he pushed me at a wrong time. It's because he reminds me too much of dad. That's who I'm really mad at.

Sokka's POV

It was clear that Katara was unwell, And I knew she was troubled, it was my fault that I didn't act on it and helped her out, even though she's really stubborn and refuses to accept it. But still it wasn't my fault that she can't talk to me, and she's got it all wrong, of course I push her buttons for fun sometimes but I never mean to actually upset her. Her outburst shocked me, and all the other students who heard. I had to go home and make sure she's okay.

"Hey Aang, I'm gonna go home, you know I taught you how to use a phone in poetry class? and you know how to message and call me right?", Aang nodded as he looked at me with a worried look on his face. "message me later then, see ya", I began to walk away but felt Aang hold me back.

"Please make sure she's okay, it hurts to see someone who's so wonderful and kind be so upset", I nodded back at him then made my way out, not noticing Katara left her bag behind, and Aang picked it up.