Up in the night

Katara's POV

My head was killing me, I must've fallen asleep at some point, I looked over to see Aang fast asleep beside me and sighed sitting up holding my head, it's funny how Bumi isn't the one who woke me up, he's usually- wait. "Bumi!?", I looked around the tent in a panic. "Aang wake up! I can't find Bumi", I shook him and held his arms.

"Your dad is taking care of him tonight", Aang yawned and smiled at me, "oh, god sorry I woke you", i cupped his cheek and pouted, he looks so tired, "how're you feeling?", he rested his head on my hand. "Me? I'm good, a little headache but all okay otherwise", I smiled, I was hurting all over, but look at him he's so exhausted I don't want him to worry, and it's my fault I'm like this anyway.

"How about you go back to sleep babe?", I gently lowered my hand bringing his head back to the pillow, "alright, but I have one request", he closed his eyes and unzipped his sleeping bag, "cuddle?", he opened up his arms. "Alright", I chuckled lightly and got inside the sleeping bag zipping it back up and snuggling up to Aang, it was so warm, it was perfect. "Mm", I grinned and closed my eyes.

"Katara?? Katara are you there??", I heard Jet's voice from outside the tent and tried to ignore it for as long as I possibly could then gave in and stood up getting out of the tent, "I'll be right back", I looked around and saw nobody there so I went to go back inside but felt an arm wrap around my waist and a hand cover my mouth, pulling me away from the tent, I was getting dragged further and further away from the tent, I needed to do something.

"Shh It's okay, I've got you now it's fine Jet's got you", I heard Jet as he whispered into my ear, it made my skin crawl, I stepped on his foot and felt him let go, I took my chance and ran back to the tent but felt him grab my arm and pull me back. "You can't run from me, so don't even try it", he smirked and pulled me closer tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You're so beautiful, we make quite a good couple you know, we have a lot in common", he kept talking, expecting me to talk back, but I couldn't.

"We're both incredibly good looking, both have bad experiences with our families, we love to party hard, and we both love each other", he leant in moving his lips closer to mine, I moved quickly and slapped him across the face with my free hand, he froze for a second, I could sense he was getting angrier, "stop trying to resist me Katara!", he pulled me in again holding my arms firmly.

"What are you doing?", I looked around to see Aang stood not too far away, "let her go", he frowned at Jet. "And what are you going to do about it, let's be real here you're as weak as her", Jet began to hold me even firmer then before, his fingers digging into my arms. "You're hurting her!", Aang worried, "she's fine, she's with me", "she's definitely not fine then", Aang got closer.

"Leave us alone, she's happy", Jet spoke with smile yet he was crying, "does she look happy to you?", Jet looked down at me, "you love me don't you? you want me right? right??", he began to shake me out of frustration. "Let her go", Aang demanded, Jet did as he said, "you don't see what I see, she does have feelings for me I know it", Jet turned to Aang.

"Shut up! I'm tired of hearing your pathetic whining voice. we know who she loves here right?, everyone in school knows who she loves, and you're looking right at him. you may think you're the coolest person in the world, sure you have attention, but are you loved? No, are you appreciated? No, do people care about you? No, they don't. You can't force someone to love you because that will only push them away more, I thought you learnt that lesson when your parents died", Aang stared up at him in anger and helped me up leaving Jet frozen in his place, walking me back to the tent. "You're wrong! You're completely and utterly-", Jet stomped over whilst our backs were turned and raised a fist.

Aang turned around just in time and caught his fist, looking Jet in the eyes coldly, "leave us alone Jet, f*ck off from my family, if I see you within 20 meters of my girlfriend I will gladly put you six feet under myself so you can have a family reunion", he was angry, yet oddly hot. Not the time Katara, I blushed and lay down in the sleeping bag, Aang made his way in shortly after me and got into the sleeping back holding me close. "Thank you", "don't, I promised you I would protect you, I'm going to make sure he doesn't go near you again, are you alright?", his hands slowly moved around my body, making me blush deeper.

"I-I'm fine, really, we should sleep right?", I took a deep breath, "yeah, we go back to Bumi waking us up in the middle of the night tomorrow, let's make the most out of tonight huh?", Aang held me close and quickly fell asleep. His emotions are so powerful, his smile can light up a room, his rage could burn down a forest, his sadness makes the world seem grey. I turned around and cupped both of his cheeks kissing his head softly. My sweet boy.

I don't deserve you.