Chapter 39

"Hi, Mrs. Lowrie."

We all entered the classroom as she unlocked the door and went to sit in our seats. I noticed that Noah was here today. Some of the guys in our class were jumping around him asking where he was, was he sick, etc.

I snorted at the fact that he could just end their lives along with the rest of ours right then and there. 

"Don't start Zadie", The teacher told me. I looked at her shocked.

"I didn't even do nothing...yet".

"...Yet", Hailey emphasized. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on my desk.

We had a couple minutes before class actually started and Noah wasn't in his seat yet since he was talking to Hailey. I guess he's apologizing now. 

I wonder if Noah has a power?

"Hey."

I jolt upright as I hear someone whisper in my ear. I look to the left and see Yuri slide a piece of folded paper to me.

A note?

Unfolding the paper I read over the letter.

Noah apologized to Hailey and I before we even entered the building...I wonder what he's talking to her about? Is he going to tell us what he told her?

Sis ion even know, if he doesn't we can just ask Hailey simple. I write back sliding the paper back to her.

She reads the note before writing on it and sliding it back.

You're right also do you know...

She was cut off by Mrs. Lowry coming over to our table. I quickly grab the note and slide it into a random page of our textbook. The thing about Mrs. Lowry is that she's kinda blind so she doesn't catch these small acts, which is good for us and bad for her.

"Girls, are you paying attention?" She asks.

"Yes Mrs. L," Yuri smiles as she pretends to do the worksheet. I don't know how she did it but she managed to win Mrs. Lowry on her side the first day she came, she's a serious teacher's pet, but I don't care cuz she uses it to help me!

"And what was just said?" She asks looking at me. I stare at her wide eyed.

"I wasn't listening. I was just so interested in reading this english book you just gave us." Lie.

"Hmm...ok but close the book Zadie it's time to learn from the board." She told me before walking back to the front of the class.

"That was a close one," I whispered.

"Hey," Noah said, sliding into his seat, which was next to mine.

"Hi."

"OKAY CLASS EYES ON ME, EYES ON ME."

Lord Jesus I hate this teacher. 

---

"How was school," Bella asked. Today she was taking me, Yuri, Hailey, and Noah to the Cullens house. She got permission from Hailey's mom, so us three were having a playdate with Noah while she talked with the Cullens about some dumb vampire invasion.

All I know is that my mom woulda went off on the Cullens long ago...I mean she outta jail she still could. I want to see her...

"It was good." Yuri

"Alright I guess." Hailey

"It was fun." Noah

"Boring." Me

"My day was pretty fun, Alice is thinking about having a graduation party soon," She told us.

But who asked?

I sighed and looked back at the three of them. Yuri had fallen asleep and Hailey was moving Yuri's hair on her upper lip to make it look like she had a mustache. Chuckling to myself I looked at Noah who handed me something in a brown bag.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just open it."

Opening the bag I see a necklace.

"I have a piece of it and I gave one to Hailey, I'll give Yuri's hers when she's awake. But don't put it on I want us to all put it on when we get to the house," He said. So that's what he was doing at Hailey's table.

"Ok, thank you!" I looked at the necklace more carefully, it's pretty.

"Cute." Bella mumbled.

Don't get any ideas Bella.

---

"Why don't you kids go play in Noah's room. I'll bring up some snacks in just a second," Esme smiled as she brought us to the staircase. We smiled and nodded following Noah up the stairs to his room.

That's when he pulled out an identical paper bag and handed it to Yuri. Who took the bag and in it was a necklace similar to mine. Noah and Hailey took out theres and Noah said,

"I'm really sorry for hurting you guys, I shouldn't have done that. I want us to be friends for a long time. I got these friendship necklaces that when you put them together they complete the puzzle, since Yuri's here now it feels like the puzzle has been completed. I couldn't ask for better friends and I hope things can go back to the way they used to be."

"...that was really great and all but why does it sound like you're dying", Hailey said while laughing.

I snorted before laughing along with her, and then we all started laughing for like 5 minutes. We stopped because Yuri was literally dying from lack of air.

"And we put them on in one, two, three," I announced. And together we clipped on our friendship necklaces. 

-Meanwhile-

Bella's P.o.V

"They're newborns," Edward had said.

"What's that like new vampires?" I asked.

"Vampires that are only a couple months old." he explained.

"This is going to be fun," Emmett laughed towards me. He and I have very different definitions of fun. If those vampires come here they could hurt or even kill someone. What about Zadie and my dad?

"Someone must be creating an army," Carlisle said, commenting on the situation.

"We're definitely going to seattle!"

"Regardless if we don't put a stop to this, the Volturi will, surprised they let it go on this long," Carlisle said.