Chapter 17

I woke up with a start, I swear I heard somebody talking in Bella's room. Maybe it was just my imagination.

Turning over I saw the clock Charlie was going to be in here any moment now, to wake me up. I'm excited I spent the whole summer with Hailey and Noah, except for when Noah told us he couldn't go. He always ditched us on sunny days and I'm starting to think that it's not just a coincidence.

"Hey Zay it's time to go to wake up, today's your first day of first grade", Dad exclaimed happily as he made his way over to my bed. 

I groaned mentally, new grade means new teacher! I don't want a new teacher, what if she turns out to be a witch or super strict! 

"I think *cough* I'm sick", I lied. Dad looked down at me, not believing one word I said. Rolling my eyes I got out of bed.

"I can't go", I stressed.

"Why not".

"Because the teacher is going to be a witch", I yelled.

"....That's too bad", Dad said before leaving the room. I flopped back onto my bed, if Noah doesn't come to school today, Hailey and I are ditching.

I sighed before dragging myself over to the closet. Hopefully, I can fall into the closet and go somewhere far away. 

I was about to call Bella so she can pick out an outfit for me but then I remembered I probably have more fashion sense than she does, so I decided against it.

(Pretend they are black slip-on vans)

I quickly changed and put on some shorts under my skirt. Recess was going to be fun!

"HURRY UP ZAY", I heard Bella yell from down the stairs. I'm sorry ma'am but unlike you, I actually care about my appearance. 

Grabbing my bookbag I skipped down the stairs, and immediately ran into a cold hard surface. Did we get some new furniture or something?

Suddenly the furniture started moving. I looked up this was not normal, scowling when I saw the ugly pale face some might call Edward. But like,

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAIRS???

Like I'm pretty sure chairs were invented for a reason. Dumbass.

"Come on we're going to be late", Bella said. Yes, I did forgive Bella because she gave me ice cream and a bunch of food. Also, she's like my ride everywhere.

Yeah, why is it here", I asked in disgust. I can't even look at him, the constipated moron a.k.a Edward Cullen.

"He's giving us a ride to school", Bella said handing me a bowl of fruits. I gagged before turning to dad.

"I'm like really really sick, I can't go to school", I complained. He rolled his eyes and started pushing me out the door. 

"Traitor", I whispered just as the door shut in my face. I can't believe he did that, we were supposed to be on the same side.

"Oh, come on stop being a drama queen", Bella told me pulling me away from the door, I could cry. Maybe if I throw up he'll never let me back in the car. I saw Edward whisper something in Bella's ear and she turned towards me with a smile. 

Not a friendly smile an 'I have something you want and you won't get it unless you participate' smile.

"What, why are you looking at me like that", I asked. 

"Your best friend Noah is in the car, if you don't come in the car you won't be able to see him", Bella told me with a sickly-sweet smile. She looked like she was trying to coax an animal back into its cage.

"You do know Noah and I go to the same school", I said. She froze for a moment but brushed it off quickly. Why does she want to go to school so bad, is there something I'm missing. Or do Edward and Bella- I don't even want to think about that.

"But you get extra time with him", She said. I really didn't want to walk to school but if I did I'd probably miss like half of the day, so it's a win for me.

Shrugging my shoulders I decided to start walking, that is until I was forcefully dragged into the car. 

"THIS IS KIDNAPPING", I screamed. I heard Noah laughing which should've angered me but it did the opposite instead. What is wrong with you, WOMAN!

"Just relax", Bella said before turning her whole attention back to Edward. I swear the day barely started and I already want to bang my head against a wall.

"Are you excited to see Hailey", Noah asked me. 

"No, I've been with her all summer and she was even at my house yesterday", I informed him. Which he would've known if he had been there.

"Really I-",

"Are you allergic to the sun or something", I said cutting him off. "Cause you like never go out when it's sunny". 

I furrowed my eyebrows as everyone in the car seemed to freeze like they had been caught. Something's not right here.

"Um... no, I just burn easily", he said. I nodded, before staring out the window.

This teacher better not be a witch.

"We're here", Constipated Moron announced. I groaned out loud before climbing out the car, I stumbled a bit as I rushed to get away from the car. Noah approached me and together we both went to search for Hailey.