Chapter 52

Dedicated to study hall bc if I didn't have one this wouldn't have been that long.

I woke up early that morning to something heavy landing on my chest.

I groaned and rolled over the weight falling off onto the floor with a loud bang.

"Well now in awake," I yawned looking to the side of my bed only to see a box lying on the floor.

I picked it up wondering why dad would throw a box at me. Weird but ok.

Grabbing a pair of scissors from my nightstand I cut open the box.

There was a note on top of the things in the box. I opened it and closed it back once I saw it wasn't written in English.

"Bruh." I put it to the side continuing to take things out. The first thing in the box was a small velvet pouch. Loosening the strings I shook it and a necklace slide out.

 Loosening the strings I shook it and a necklace slide out

It had a gold chain and gold butterfly attached to it. It had small clear things on it.

'Whatever it's pretty'

I put it on and kept rummaging through the book and pulled out a book taped to the book was a vile of some green thing.

I tossed the book to the side and looked again to see if there was anything else inside. There was a velvet box in the corner all lonely. Pulling it out I opened it up to see a ring. It was really pretty so obviously I put it on. 

"Zadie, Hailey's here," Dad called from downstairs

"Zadie, Hailey's here," Dad called from downstairs. I jumped up from my bed and quickly changed my clothes and grabbing the letter before running outside. Not bothering to eat breakfast. 

"What do you have for us today Chief!" Hailey and Yuri said in sync.

"We need to decode the mysterious letter," I declared holding up the letter. "We're detectives today."

They cheered and we ran over to their house. Hailey "borrowed" her moms phone from the counter and we ran up to her room.

Hailey typed in the password and we started the decoding process.