Chapter 55

Turns out Vladimir and Stefan were friends coming to help fight the Volturi. I mean who woulda thought? But I can't lie Bella looked pretty cool when she was fighting but you know that's really the only time she does look cool.

I ended up leaving shortly after because Carlisle said it was a risk for me to be here surrounded by a bunch of vampires who drink human blood. I mean understandable.

"Someone seriously needs to cut this grass," I muttered as I walked back through the forest on the way to LaPush, missing my bestie Paul. I groaned as I almost tripped on a twig, this walk was probably the most frustrating thing about the woods. All the hidden roots and twigs were seriously gonna leave a mark one day.

"Zadie, is that you?"

I looked up from the ground and saw my mother standing outside what I thought was an abandoned house. I guess it's hers, doesn't look like she renovated the place yet.

"Uh, h-hi," I stuttered. My body subconsciously started to tremble and then I started to feel like I was falling.

Scarlett's P.O.V

As I was the person who is able to play the part of Zadie the best I quickly took control.

"What are you doing here?" She asked coming closer.  

"I just happened to be going outside for a walk when I saw you coming out of the forest. Do you want to come inside or something?" She asked me gesturing towards her house. I hesitated for a moment.

"Don't worry I won't do anything bad, I just want to catch up on what I missed." She said a flicker of sadness flashing across her face.

Might as well, we don't know her intentions yet this is a good chance to figure that out- James

I shrugged his logic adding up.

"Sure."

I followed her into the house the inside not matching the exterior of the house. Inside had been swept clean and it seemed like new furniture was put in place. Though the house was considerably smaller than dad's it was still well taken care of.

"Are you hungry or anything?" she asked. I shook my head sitting across from her at the dining table. She had some cheese out on the table and when she came back to sit down she had some bread.

"No, I'm fine," I answered because I wasn't really feeling hungry but also not trusting her at all. She shrugged as she sat down and layered some butter on one side with a knife.

"It's been a while since we last saw each other right," She said the knife in her hands as they accentuated her words.

"Yeah, a lot has happened since you uh left," I shifted uncomfortably in the chair as she just stared at me for a second.

"Oh yeah I bet, Bella came down to stay with you guys and all that, you know probably to get away from her mom. I never really liked Renée anyway." She told me. She walked past me with the knife and walked over to the stove to finish making her food.

"Don't you feel like what happened to me was unfair? They separated me from my daughter. Don't you know how that makes a mother feel? To be honest I just want to hunt them all down and pay them back for everything they did to me. I just can't stand waking up every morning thinking about the past. We had fun together Zadie. Is it a crime to bond with your child?" She ranted not giving me any time to respond to her questions I mean they were probably rhetorical anyways. Her facade of being put together and being reformed after college was slowly crumbling.

Her back was turned towards me she had a spatula in one hand and the knife in the other. Why was she still holding it?

I looked towards the front door which was slightly opened. I could definitely make it out before she came for me.

"Like I missed you so much Zadie and it pains me to not have you around. You know, I'm so jealous that Charlie gets to have you live with him. It just isn't fair right, you need a mother's love. You should live with me, you don't have to answer now but just think about it. I mean what can he say if you insist right." She chuckled darkly. The hand gripped the knife tightly the more she spoke and I knew I had to go. 

"Anyways are you sure you aren't hungry or anything," She said as she sat back down at the table grilled cheese in hand.

"I'm ok...where's the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded her head towards the door next to the kitchen. It was a small bathroom the inspo was definitely yellow as there were yellow accents everywhere.

I looked around for a window and the only one was high up I would have to do a bit of parkour to get out. It was a good thing Zadie's so light because if anything broke I would be in some trouble. I stepped up onto the toilet and reached up but I was still to far down. Putting my hand on the wall to stabilize myself I put one foot on the edge of the sink and the other on the top of the toilet.

Trying to make the least amount of noise possible I unlocked the window. I hopped up and wiggled around until my upper half was through the window. It was big enough for me to do a bit of a turn so I didn't fall headfirst onto the ground. Once I passed through the window I shut it behind me and looked down at high I was going to be jumping from. I wasn't too high up so I decided to suck it up and just jump.

I landed on my hands and knees with a soft thud the dirt absorbing the impact. Getting up I ran towards LaPush through the trees.