16 [Rewritten]

"I don't understand why we can't celebrate, the young masters birthday," sighed Finny while swiping away the fallen leaves, off the Phantomhive property.

"It's a special occasion, after all," continued Mey-Rin as she did her work. They both sighed at the thought of the young master not having a birthday celebration. They both paused as a carriage appeared.

"Hello!" Shouted Elizabeth from the approaching carriage,waving at the servants.

"Ahh!" Screamed Finny and Mey-Rin in terror as they hugged each other,not wanting to think about Elizabeth's cute antics. Elizabeth got out of the carriage and ran straight inside to go and see Ciel. While Paula trailed right behind her,holding a wrapped box.

"Ciel!" Called Elizabeth as she ran towards the blue haired lord, giving him a tight hug. Ciel took a deep breath of air when Elizabeth finally let him go.

"Elizabeth what are you doing here?" Question Ciel, hoping that Elizabeth wouldn't try to hug him again.

"I came to see you silly, and I have brought you a gift for your birthday tomorrow," told Elizabeth as Paula gave the blonde the box in her hand. Just as she was about to pass Ciel the box, Elizabeth noticed that the ring she destroyed was on his finger. And so she refrained from giving Ciel the box. "I thought that I broke that ring?" Commented Elizabeth, glancing at the ring on Ciel's finger.

"Sebastian fixed it," stated Ciel with a shrug.

"But I smashed it into pieces!" Protested Elizabeth. She had flung the ring onto the floor and so it should've been smashed to pieces.

"What kind of butler would, I be if I couldn't fix a ring?" Interrupted Sebastian with a smug expression.

"Elizabeth, what do you have in your hand?" Asked Ciel, trying to change the subject regarding the ring.

"Oh, this?" Hummed Elizabeth, showing Ciel the wrapped present.

"Yes."

"It's a secret," said Elizabeth gave a secretive smile to hid her sadness.

"Care to share," pried Ciel, wanting to know what was in the box.

*****

"No. Paula ring the bells," commanded Elizabeth to her attendant. Paula, who had previously been forgotten, she started to shake the bells for a few seconds, until Elizabeth pulled her to the entrance of the manor, so that they could leave. "Bye!" she shouted, before leaving with Paula.

"She came to see me just so that she could show me some bells?" Questioned Ciel in disbelief.

"Lady Elizabeth probably wanted to see you before your birthday tomorrow," told Sebastian, taking a pause and continuing. "And speaking of your birthday. Should I organise a party for tomorrow?"

Ciel was lost in thought, it was the day of his birthday when the tragedy happened. The loss, sadness, guilt and humiliation that he felt, that day caused him to swear vengeance, to make those who had wronged him and his family pay. And pay they did, while he didn't manage to get them all that night, he got some of them. Even now, he was continuing to look for the rest even if he had to wait for years, he was determined to make them pay.

"Young Master?" Questioned Sebastian, bring Ciel out of his inner thoughts. Ciel shook his head in dissatisfaction "Enough of this nonsense, go and make me tea and then bring it to my study," commanded Ciel with a sigh.

"Of course, my Lord," replied Sebastian, walking away to do as he was commanded.

*****