12 [Rewritten]

"..."Speaking

'...'Thinking

A small tapping sound came from Madam Red moving her Queen on the chessboard. The butlers were preparing some refreshments while Madam Red and Ciel played a game of chess. "Is this really the time for a game of chess?" Asked Ciel, carefully thinking on where to make his next move on the chessboard.

"Obsessing about the case wont help you solve it. Couldn't you have Sebastian do it all, dear?" Questioned Madam Red as she watched Ciel make his move.

"Sebastian is simply just my chess piece. I am the one who moves him and by giving orders but he's no ordinary piece. He can move as many squares as he needs to, like that," told Ciel as he moved his knight to knock over Madam Red's King.

"That was against the rules you know," huffed Madam Red as she stood up her fallen king piece. "Ciel-"

"It would be if this was a game but rules like that have no meaning in the real world. There are always knights who break the rules and pawns who betray. Never let your guard down. Checkmate," told Ciel as he motioned for Sebastian to take away the chessboard, so he could finish his chat with Madam Red.

"When you returned, why did you become the Queens guard dog? For revenge?" Asked Madam Red, she already knew the answer but she wanted to hear Ciels answer.

"The need for revenge wont bring back the dead. Nor bring them happiness," answered Ciel with a blank look. "To answer you question, I didn't do it for them. I did it for myself. I want to find the people that did it and suffer like I did."

"I see," hummed Madam Red, pausing for a moment and then continuing the conversation. "I still remember when you were born. You were so tiny and fragile like Arthur, I swore to protect you. You see I cant have anymore children and you remind me of a second son, so I wish you would quit this."

"This is a task that I have chosen for myself and no one else's. I don't regret my decision," said Ciel, glaring at the cup of tea on the table.

As the conversation was dried up, Madam Red decided it was time to leave. "I suppose its time to leave, I'll tell Arthur you said hello, Ciel," told Madam Red as Ciel motioned for Sebastian to lead her to the door. "Promise me Sebastian that you'll protect him."

"Fear not, I will protect him my Lady," said Sebastian with a promising smile. He opened the door, allowing for Madam Red to go outside, and met with Grell, who was holding an umbrella.

"I'm here to escort you my Lady," told Grell with a smile, pulling the umbrella over Madam Red's head.

*****

Ciel rubbed his head as he laid in his bed thinking about who could possibly be Jack the Ripper. Sighing to himself, he used one of his hands to comb through his dark blue hair. He was getting nowhere.

His eyes turned to the door as Sebastian walk into his bedroom with a list of suspects. "No normal human could have do this," muttered Ciel, his eyes snapping to Sebastian's red ones. "Sebastian, you did it.''

"Of course I didn't my Lord, I told you I never lie. Now the only possible suspect is the Viscount, however..." trailed on Sebastian, amused that Ciel thought that he did it.

"You know more than you letting on," said Ciel.

"Master, I'm simple one hell of a butler. You know well that I only carry out orders that my master has directly given me," told Sebastian. "You only need to say the words then I can either become your Pawn or Knight. Now master move me to check."