1 [Rewritten]

A/N: So, yeah. Lets try another round of this fanfic.

'...' thinking

"..." speaking

Anybody's POV

"Ethan, get up or youre going to be late for school again!" shouted Ethan's mother while cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Said boy shifted in his bed, groaning lightly at being woken up by his mother. He wished that he could go back to sleep.

"I'm coming, I'll be down in a minute," said Ethan, flipping the bed covers, and moving to the bathroom to get ready.  Ethan splashed some water on his face to wake him up. He put on a fresh pair of clothes and brushed his long hair, putting it into a pony tail to keep it out of his face.

"Are you coming down the stairs, or do I have to come up there?!" Exclaimed Ethan's mother, wondering when her son was going to come down the stairs. She placed the cooked breakfast on the table, sitting down to eat her own breakfast.

"I'm already here," said Ethan while entering the kitchen. "My favourite" he commented as he looked at the breakfast filled plate. He quickly scoffed down his breakfast, then checked the time.

'Damn, I need to leave now or I'll be late again,' thought Ethan. 'I don't think I can handle listening to that banshee, again. My poor ears won't be able to take anymore of her screeching, I think I might actual die the next time she does.'

Ethan ran out of the door, clutching his bag tightly, against his shoulder. Not before shouting a "Goodbye" to his mother. While running to get his bus, Ethan stopped, stumbling at the road crossing.

He caught sight of an injured white cat, with bits of red in its fur, a very unique cat if Ethan was to say so. The injured cat was in the way of an incoming car, Ethan's body moved on it's own, to try and save the cat.

The situation all happened so fast, that Ethan couldn't comprehend what happened, straight away. All that Ethan had known was that he had been hit by a care while saving a cat.

Ethan's eyes opened slowly, he briefly wondered why his eyes were closed but then he remembered that he was in an accident. "I can see that your finally awake," a female voice said.

Ethan turned to where the voice was and found in it's place was a beautiful woman. She had a slightly round face with long luscious white hair with streaks of red, reaching down to the middle of her back.

But the woman had the most distinguishing eyes Ethan had ever seen, the woman's right eye a sapphire blue while the left eye was a blood red. "Who are you?" Ethan said in curiosity.

"My name is Envy and I am the Goddess of love, future and death," Envy explained although she looked sad at Ethan.

"Why am I here... Wait... have I..did I.. died!" Ethan nearly shouted at Envy but managed to keep his voice to a respectable level, looking like someone kicked a puppy.

"I'm sorry but you have died," Envy told Ethan without looking directly at him.

"What now?" Ethan questioned, trying to look calm but deep inside he was panicking.

"Since you did a good deed, saving the cat, you can be reincarnated into any world you want!" Envy said trying to lighten the mood. Although, she neglected to mention certain details about the cat.

"How did you even know about that?" Ethan asked the Goddess.

"Well, em I was the cat," Envy quietly said, not really wanting to tell Ethan that it was her fault that he died. "Please dont be mad!" she cried.

Ethan wrapped his arms around her "Its fine, Envy. I forgive you but can you let me say goodbye to my mum," asked Ethan, wanting to see his mother one last time.

"I can do that," told Envy, nodding energetically to Ethan.

*****

Ethan's mum couldnt sleep. How could she with the loss of her only child? She tossed and turned in her bed, before deciding to give up on sleep and get up, sitting at the side of the bed.

Silently crying to herself, Ethan's mother was brought out of her inner thoughts by a familiar voice, which shouldn't be possible, unless she was going insane.

"Is that you, Ethan?" She cautiously asked, the somewhat alive boy. "Did I drink to much?"

"No, you didn't. I'm sorry but I cant stay for long so I need to make this quick. I just really wanted to tell you that, I love and not to be sad for my death and to live on, can you do that for me?" Ethan asked with a small sad smile plastered on his face.

"But how will I do that?!"

"I'm sorry mum, I really am but I have to go. I love you, always remember that," said Ethan, fading away into nothingness and leaving his grieving mother behind.

*****

"That wasn't enough time," whispered Ethan.

"It never is," said Envy. "But it's your time. Pick one of these three doors and then you will be reincarnated into that world," she continued.

After a minute, Ethan decided on a door to pick. "I'll pick the middle door, number 2," Ethan told while walking closer to the door, reaching out his hand to open it. "Well, it looks like its goodbye for now, Envy."

*****

A young noble women was giving birth to her first child, next to her was a handsome man, which could only be presumed as her husband. The man gave encouragement to the labouring women. "You can do it dear, in a few more minutes, you'll have brought our child into the world."

The woman turned to glare at her husband. "Shut up, dear. You're not the one in labour, so you get no opinion on this subject!" Exclaimed the woman. The midwife in the corner, couldn't help but agree with the noble woman.

A few minutes later, the room was filled with soft cries of a new born child. "You have given me a splended child, Sophia. What shoule we name him? Something noble of his standing."

"Grell, his name shall be Grell," said the woman, holding the baby in her arms. "The name is from my homeland."

"Very well. A future Lord of Sutcliff, Grell Sutcliff," hummed the man. A traumatised Ethan looked at his new parents, wishing that he wasn't conscious through his birth.

Only one thought came across his mind at the mention of the name Grell Sutcliff. 'Why am I in the Black Butler universe? Wait... I'm the red headed moron!" He sulked, falling asleep to the building of many plans.

*****