15

Anyone's POV
Phantomhive Manor

"I don't understand why we can't celebrate, the young masters birthday." Finny sighed while swiping away the fallen leaves.

"It's a special occasion, after all." Mey-Rin continued

They both sighed until a carriage appeared.

"Hello!" waved Elizabeth from the approaching carriage

"Ahh!" Finny and Mey-Rin screamed in terror as the hugged each other

Elizabeth got out of the carriage and ran straight inside to go and see Ciel. Paula, her maid trailed right behind her.

"CIEL!" screamed Elizabeth as she ran towards the Ciel and gave him a hug.

"Elizabeth what are you doing here?" question Ciel, hoping that Elizabeth would let him go.

"I came to see you silly, and I have brought you a gift for your birthday tomorrow." Elizabeth said, just as she was about to pass him the box containing ring, she saw the ring that she had destroyed. Well, thought that she had destroyed and so she didn't give him the box.

"I thought I broke that ring?" Elizabeth questioned, glancing at the ring on Ciels finger.

"Sebastian fixed it." Ciel stated

"But I smashed it into pieces!" Elizabeth protested, she did after all smash it into tiny pieces, the ring should have been beyond repair.

"What kind of butler would, I be if I couldn't fix a ring?" Sebastian interrupted with a smug expression.

"Elizabeth, what do you have in your hand?" Ciel tried to change the subject regarding the ring.

"Oh, this?" Elizabeth showed him the wrapped present.

"Yes"

"It's a secret" Elizabeth gave a secretive smile to hid her sadness.

"Care to share" Ciel pried

"No. Paula ring the bells" Elizabeth commanded to her attendant. Paula, who had previously been forgotten started to shake the bells for a few seconds, until Elizabeth pulled her to the entrance of the manor, so that they could leave.

"Bye!" Elizabeth shouted, before leaving.

The two of them left.

"She came to see me just so that she could show me some bells?" Ciel questioned

"Lady Elizabeth, probably wanted to see you before your birthday tomorrow and speaking of your birthday. Should I organise a party for tomorrow?" Sebastian asked

Ciel was lost in thought, it was the day of his birthday when the tragedy happened. The loss, sadness, guilt and humiliation that he felt. That day he swore vengeance, to make those who had wronged him and his family pay. And pay they did, while he didn't manage to get them all that night, he got some of them. He was continuing to look for the rest even if he had to wait for years, he was determined to make them pay.

"Young master?"

"Enough of this nonsense, go and make me tea and then bring it to my study." Ciel commanded

"Of course, my lord"

With Elizabeth

The carriage was stuck in heavy traffic. Elizabeth looked depressed, Paula noticed this and so tried to cheer up the younger girl.

"I think I should play my bells to pass the time." Paula said while shaking the bells.

"Paula...."