✮ THIRTY SIX ✮

Mila's Pov

"I look like a right prat" Lucy groaned, pulling down the hem of her dress, crossing her arms tightly as she looked up and down the hallway.

"You look fine" Mila sighed, stifling a yawn.

" 'Fine' isn't good enough" Lucy shot back, a fire to her voice as she shot daggers into the side of her best friend's head, "why is nobody else dressed up?"

The two were stood outside the Sidemen studio space, the hallway being made into a makeshift waiting room for the contestants of their Tinder video. Mila had opted to slide herself down the wall to sit on the floor, however, the rest of the girls seemed to be too stressed to do so.

"I don't know" she mumbled, not too interested in Lucy's whining, "at least you stand out"

"Please, I already stand out. They know me, we're friends"

Debatable.

"So why are you worried?"

"Because I don't want to be 'friends' I'm trying to get with Harry" she spoke a bit too loudly, gaining the attention of a few other girls, but they soon turned away not too interested in what she had to say.

It was silent for a few seconds, just enough for Mila's tired eyes to shut, Lucy had kept her up until the early hours of the morning to pick her outfit, the one she was currently complaining about.

"Give me your coat" This caught her attention.

"What?" Milla looked up, a raised eyebrow, she couldn't be serious.

"I'm freezing, just give me your coat" Lucy pulled the girl up, grabbing at her coat until it eventually slid down her arms.

"I'm also cold, that's why I brought a coat" Mila spoke through gritted teeth, now left in a red satin cami top, the cold nipping at her exposed skin.

"Wait, oh my God" Lucy put her hands in the pockets of the black puffer coat, spinning from side to side as she admired herself in the reflection of a door, "This is perfect with my outfit, can I wear it?" Mila's mouth opened, truthfully she didn't care that the coat also completed her outfit, she was just cold, "thanks babes" Lucy continued before she could reply.

Mila let out a heavy sigh, leaning back against the wall without another word, too tired to argue.

"You could have dressed up a bit, you know?" Lucy's voice cut into her thoughts once again.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" She looked down, her red top was tucked into her black mom jeans, pulled out just over the belt, the golden buckle matched the thin gold chain around her neck. White Air Force 1's with black ticks pulled her outfit together.

"Nothing, nothing" Lucy shook her head, checking her make-up in the reflection of her phone, "if you like it, it's fine"

Once again Mila was left in silence, looking down at her outfit whilst biting her lip.

Maybe Lucy was right, these girls all looked decently put together, but none had put as much effort in as Lucy. Her blue dress was one of Mila's, she'd insisted on wearing it despite Mila not having a chance to do so yet. Pulled together by a dark smokey eye and bold red lips, she looked ready for a night out. However, this wasn't a night out, this was a box room with a few cameras, where half of the lads would probably be wearing joggers.

"Don't worry, it's not like you're trying to impress anybody" Lucy shrugged.

"Right..."

Soon enough the first girl was called in, leaving the other girls to chatter excitedly amongst themselves.

"I'm swiping right on Harry, no matter what" a short girl commented, giggling to herself. She looked sweet enough, however, Lucy clearly didn't think so.

"I wouldn't get my hopes up"

"Why?" The girl asked back, not happy with Lucy's sly comments.

"He's basically taken"

Mila sucked in a tight breath.

Without knowing so Lucy was right. Of course, she was talking about herself, but the truth was still there.

"Oh..." the girl whispered, eyeing the other girls in the group who all looked just as unimpressed at Mila.

"So, don't take what he says literally, yeah?" Lucy smiled sweetly, spinning around as the door opened, the first girl walked out as another girl was called.

This would be a long day

——————
Written: 31st January 2021
Published: 2nd February 2021
Edited: 5th July 2023
Lucy's such a bitch in this chapter lmao love it.