✮ TWENTY ✮

Mila's pov

"Somebody's up early" wasn't the first thing that Mila wanted to hear in the morning, especially not when it was followed by a familiar, slightly Scooby-Doo-like, laugh.

"No choice when you're about" she shot back slowly, yawning through the sentence as she sat up, Tobi's coat falling as she did so.

"But it's never a dull day when you have me" JJ smiled brightly, his eyes going wider as if to convince her before he snickered out a laugh.

Mila couldn't help the smile that crept onto her face, despite the early morning shown by the sun barely rising in the blue skies. JJ had a way of brightening up everybody's days, and even though they had met only a few days ago his laughter never ceased to bring a smile to her face.

"Sure, JJ, whatever you say" she yawned one more time, dragging her hand through her hair then down her face, as she stood up, making her way to the kitchen where the taller boy stood, raiding the fridge.

"It's 6 am, swear you weren't even home this time yesterday" he commented, pulling out a pint of milk and pulling a black tub from the cupboard.

"Very funny, " she deadpanned, "Why are you up anyway?" She asked, watching him laugh a bit more as he poured milk and a few scoops of the powder into a bottle before shaking it.

"Training" Mila had no clue what that meant but nodded anyway.

"So..." he took a long sip, "what's wrong?" His eyes squinted slightly.

"What do you mean?" Mila furrowed her eyebrows, taking the travel kettle from its stand and filling it with water before putting it back, not flicking it on. Just trying her best to not make eye contact with the questioning Nigerian.

"I've only known you a few days, yeah, but I already know that you're not yourself right now" Mila was almost speechless.

JJ never seemed like the type to be serious, so seeing his concerned face and furrowed eyebrows was a huge surprise.

"I'm fine, JJ," she stopped, licking her lips as the kettle whistled, "everything will work out, for better or for worse"

"Just know I'm always here to talk to, even if I seem like a dickhead at times, just let me know" He looked away as he spoke like he didn't want to admit this small 'weakness' which was just showing his caring side.

"Good to hear JJ, nice to know 'The Nightmare's' got my back" she smirked, turning the conversation around, missing JJ's laughter after the short minutes of it being gone.

"Oh, shut up fam" he pushed her shoulder lightly, walking past her and sitting on the couch, pushing Tobi's coat on the floor, making Mila cringe as she imagined the fashionable boy's reaction

Mila was glad that JJ had made an effort with her. She'd only known them for a few days and hadn't yet to feel fulling involved with the group; sure she'd talked with Freya and Harry, as well as Talia who she'd known before. But it felt good to know that this group was full of people that cared for each other, instead of just leaching off of each other.

She slowly walked to the couch, picking up Tobi's coat and walking to the other couch, this one a bit smaller but still long enough for her to fully stretch out. Mila pushed in her AirPods, putting on a relaxing playlist and began falling asleep to the soft sounds of Frank Ocean, not too bothered about JJ's presence as he watched TV or the fact that she had a bed waiting upstairs that she could be in.

However, the peacefulness didn't last too long, well in her own mind in reality it was at least two hours, shown by JJ's disappearance.

"Mila!" She jumped out of her skin as a body landed on top of hers, forcing a grunt from her mouth as she shoved them off quickly.

"Freezy! What the fuck, why would you do that?" Mila was too busy trying to wake herself up to join in Cal's laughs from the floor.

"You should have seen your face" he laughed even louder, his jaw basically unhinging.

"Shut up" she replied, angry that she had been woken up for the second time that day.

"Do you ever plan on actually sleeping in your bed?" Was his next question as he stood up, holding onto the back of the couch as he stared at the small girl.

"Again, shut up Cal" She rubbed her nose, then her eyes, "What time is it? Where is everyone?"

"A lot of questions for 8 am"

"8 am?" She groaned, leaning back onto the sofa with a yawn.

"Everyone else went out for breakfast, reckoned you looked cosy, so left without you" he explained, walking out from behind the couch, showing his swimming shorts, mismatched with a Hawaiian shirt.

"Oh, but you didn't?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, me, Lux and Bog stayed for a quick pool day, you up for it?" He nodded his head towards the glass window, making her aware of Harry and Lux's presence in the pool which she hadn't noticed before, which was a surprise due to how loud they were being.

"Give me a minute to get changed" she spoke eventually, smiling brightly as he jumped, jokingly tapping his heels together as he ran out the door.

Mila couldn't help the laugh that escaped her mouth, CalFreezy was a unique one.

—————
Written: 22nd December 2020
Published: 22nd December 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023
NEW W2S STORY soon I just have to figure out the timeline so that it makes sense. This story will take main priority tho, I won't stop updating this one just bc I have another don't worry :)
Just a filler chapter bc I've been quite busy and ppl were asking for a chapter, next chapter should be good tho
Also for the past week, this story has grown 1k every 2 days so thank you :)