✮ FOURTY THREE ✮

Mila's pov

"How do you know?" Mila spoke quickly, wrapping her arm around her waist as she stepped onto Harry's deck, trying her best to shield herself from the rough English wind, thankful for Harry's large coat she'd snagged in the way out.

"Hello to you too" Talia laughed back through the phone.

"How do you know, Talia?" She spoke again, sitting down with her foot tapping to the floor.

She wasn't sure how many people Harry had told, and couldn't think why he would tell Talia. They weren't that close, hell according to the internet they hated each other.

Somehow in her mind, Mila had convinced herself that Harry must have told one of the boys; who had told JJ, who had told Simon, who had told Talia and would soon enough turn to Lucy knowing.

She had tried convincing herself that by not telling anybody about whatever she and Harry were she was doing the right thing, but if they were doing the right thing then why did she feel like it had to be hidden?

"You guys aren't very good at keeping it secret" she sighed, a song played in the background from her side of the phone, "kissing in a glass room, on a boat where anybody could walk in, really?"

"Shit" Mila sighed, rubbing her eyebrows, "thank fucking God"

"What?"

"I thought everybody knew, that Harry told somebody, who told JJ, who to-" Mila started rambling picking at her nails as she spoke.

"Whoa, whoa. Mila calm down, it's fine, it's just me," Mila let out a steady breath, "So you're keeping it a secret from everybody, or just a certain someone?"

Mila could hear the cogs working in Talia's brain. The smiley girl was obviously aware of Lucy's crush - or what Talia liked to call a 'borderline obsession' - with Harry, so was sure that Mila wouldn't be letting it slip anytime soon.

"Well, I thought it was everyone. I guess not" Mila let out a sigh, rubbing her hand up and down her thigh, a desperate attempt at warmth, or to steady her still shaking leg, she didn't know.

"So it's just me?"

"And Freezy, apparently" Mila let out a light laugh, "for some fucking reason" Talia laughed back, making a crude comment about how the two could at least 'do it' without having to be quiet.

"You're disgusting!" Mila almost shouted, covering her mouth in shock, pursing her lips to lock in the loud laugh threatening to spill.

"Oh come on, like you weren't thinking it" Mila could sense Talia's shrug through the voice call.

Soon enough the wind didn't bother Mila too much, ten minutes with her hair flying around was fine as long as she had her best friend on the phone to joke with, especially now there was nothing to hide.

"Honestly though," Talia spoke, swallowing down a laugh, "you can use me as an excuse at any time, just tell Lucy you're here and go see lover boy, I'll cover for you"

There was a sincerity to Talias voice that almost brought tears to Mila's eyes, or maybe it was the wind, either way, it was a touching moment between the two girls.

"Thanks, T, you're the best"

"I know" she replied in a smug voice.

Suddenly, a knock startled Mila into looking back towards the large glass door that connected the living room to the outside. Harry stood inside, peeking from behind the curtain with a mug in each of his hands, nodding his head back as if to tell her to come inside.

"I have to go, Tal, I'll talk to you later" she stood, slowly making her way across the dock, "thank you again"

"No problem, Mel, love you" the girl kissed air as she said many more byes, Mila doing the same as she hung up.

After sliding back inside, taking off Harry's coat and putting it back on the coat rack she fell onto the sofa, his arm immediately wrapping around her.

"Everything okay?" He asked, handing her the mug before grabbing his own.

"Yeah, Talia knows" his eyes widened in shock, "but she's fine keeping it a secret"He nodded, whispering a sly 'thank God' as he took a sip of his tea.

"We really need to be more careful of where we kiss, apparently," Mila told him, her hands wrapping around the mug as she stared at the documentary still playing.

"So..." he started, leaning forward to put his mug down, "is here careful enough" a smirk played on his lips as he got closer, his eyes dropping to her lips.

"Yeah, I think it is-" Mila smirked back, leaning forward to place her own mug down, but freezing as she noticed his mug, "is that your tea?"

"Yeah, why?" He asked, still staring her down with sultry eyes.

"'Why?'" She backed up, leaning away from his kiss, "how much milk do you need? That's criminal"

"Okay, moment over"

——————
Written: 15th February 2021
Published: 17th February 2021
This story got 4k in on day :) ty