✮ FIFTY NINE ✮

Mila's pov

"Of course" she commented, a smile evident in her voice, expecting nothing else of their 'special night'.

"What?" He questioned, throwing his spare arm around her shoulder, "it's our thing" Mila had to hide her smile at his words.

He was right, for some reason drinking Ciroc in different countries by the water together was 'their thing', yet she'd expected nothing different from them.

"What, being alchies?" She joked, wrapping her arm around his waist as they walked, him leading the way with slight tugs from Mila when he leaned in the wrong direction - after all, she was the one who knew where they were going.

"I'd have it no other way, personally," he told her, a smile on his lips as the river Seine came into view.

They couldn't sit on level with it, as they usually would, so instead settled for dangling their legs off of the walls which held the river, Harry kicked his trainers off the wall.

"Just in time" he nudged her shoulder, tilting his phone in her direction, reading '11.58pm', "shots into the new year?"

"Oh, definitely" Mila nodded, watching him take a gulp from the freshly opened bottle before handing it to her, admiring her side profile as she took her own gulp, laughing slightly as she squinted.

11.59pm

"I hope next year's just as good as this one," she told him, leaning into his side, admiring the Eiffel Tower.

"'Just as good'?"

"Well, I met you, didn't I?" She didn't miss his heart beat speeding up.

"Don't get sappy" he pulled her tighter, shaking her lightly, "I will push you in if I have to"

"You wouldn't dare" she challenged, pulling back, staring directly into his eyes, "I would drag you in with-"

But she couldn't finish her threat, interrupted by fireworks squealing through the air and exploding in the dark sky, loud shouts and singing could be heard all around the city as people celebrated the new year.

"Happy new years" he whispered, leaning in close and pressing his lips to hers, tilting her head up with his hand and cupping her cheek.

"Happy new year" she returned once they pulled away, their foreheads still touching and eyes still closed.

"Be my girlfriend" he spoke, loud as day, not a question but a statement.

Mila's eyes shot open, but she stayed in place; close enough to see his eyes still squeezed tightly shut; close enough to feel his heart beating a million miles a minute.

Her mind going just as fast, thinking of their time together over the last few months.

They'd acted so much like a couple that she nearly forgot that they weren't, it was like they didn't need to be. They were simply in love, they didn't need a label.

From their first meeting at the airport to dancing in the sea together, any moment was special and secret, until obviously, they weren't. Only a few people knew of them, and certainly none of Harry's fans did, but that didn't make their relationship any less special, in fact, it made it even more so.

Just for them, not trying to impress anybody else, instead simply living in every moment they had together.

Harry was all she wanted , possibly for the rest of her life. His grungy voice in the morning or his night time whispers, even his hyper mid-day moments when he'd scream for no reason felt needed in her life at the moment.

In the past few months so much had changed, Mila had lost somebody that she had thought meant the most to her and cared about her endlessly, but she had gained somebody that truly cared and values everything about her.

Loved every curve and imperfection as if she was was a statue created long ago, her scars and twists only making her more valuable in his eyes.

She couldn't do wrong, she could never hurt him, and even if she did he would overlook it in favour of her.

There was no doubt in his mind that he was the one for her, and that had been the case since they had met.

"Yes"

————————
Written:9th April 2021
Published: 12th April 2021
Thats the end :(
Thank you so much for reading and commenting and overall just interacting with this story
It's gotten bigger than I ever thought it would saying I just started it because I was bored lol
I might start uploading Fight Night again so look out for that :)