✮ ONE ✮

Mila's pov

Mila had never been the type of girl to shy away from a week away drinking, in reality, she was usually an instigator; many would say Mila Harvey was at her best with a shot glass in one hand and a line of salt on the back of the other.

She believed that was when she was at her best, not caring.

So it was a big surprise to her best friend that she had to convince Mila to come at all.

"Please, Mila" Lucy groaned for the umpteenth time in the last hour, "this is my chance to swoop in," She stood up quickly, leaving Mila to sit on the window sill, clearly not caring for Lucy's tantrum.

"You don't understand how fit he is" Lucy waved her hand around as she spoke, making Mila cringe slightly as the ash from her cigarette fell to the cream carpet, "This is my chance to finally get with him"

"Get with who?" Talia, her other best friend, queried as she walked into Mila's bedroom, popping a Pringle in her mouth before flopping down on the bed.

"Harry"

"Lewis?" Talia replied, a raised eyebrow making its way to her face as she looked at Mila.

"Who else?" Lucy shot back, a saltiness to her voice as there always was when she spoke to the pretty girl.

"All right, calm down" Talia rolled her eyes, "only asking"

It wasn't that Lucy and Talia hated each other, well actually it was that.

Lucy and Talia hated each other.

More so Talia calling out Lucy's fakeness and Lucy hating that more than anything else. But Mila, as usual, stayed quiet in the middle, not wanting to upset either girl.

"I just don't see why you want me to come, of all people," Mila told her, jumping off the window sill and closing it, accepting that the smell of smoke would remain in her bedroom for the foreseeable future.

"You'll love it! The boys are paying so we'll be in an amazing villa, and all the lads are fit" she reiterated her earlier point.

"I'd feel too guilty if the boys paid for it all," Mila told her, biting her lip.

"Why?" Lucy asked, genuine confusion in her eyes.

"Because I hardly know them!" Mila argued, "Neither do you, you only know them because of Talia's boyfriend"

"Simon" Talia cut in, using the pringles to make her lips look like a duck.

"I know it's Simon" Lucy rolled her eyes, "and I know the rest of them too"

"You've met them once" Talia cut in, again, side-eyeing Lucy as she spoke,

"Actually, I went out to drink with Ethan and Harry" she sneered back, "twice" she added satisfied.

"Oh wow!" Talia exaggerated, a smile made its way to Milas's face, "twice? You're practically besties"

"Shut up" Lucy shot back, not bothered enough to think of a good insult, at least that's what she'd say.

They were like this a lot, arguing back and forth with snide jabs at each other. Mila used to find it funny but over time it just became draining, she wished that her two best friends could be friends too, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

"Please, Milly" Lucy used her old nickname, purposely trying to guilt-trip the younger girl into joining, "for me, come"

It wouldn't be the worst idea: a week away in an amazing country, experiencing things she'd never get to experience again, probably out drinking every night.

But in other ways it was her worst nightmare: a week away with a house full of people she didn't even know, getting no wages from home to live off of, and having to depend on others to pay her way for her, which sounded like hell to the headstrong girl.

"If I do go, I'd want to pay some towards-" Mila started but was hardly heard over the screams of her best friend, tackling the shorter girl in a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You won't regret it"

But she already was

———————
First chapter ting yeye
Written:19th October 2020
Published:16th November 2020
Edited: 17th June 2023