✮ FIFTY SIX ✮

Mila's pov

"You're an absolute lifesaver, T" Mila smiled gratefully as she pulled her suitcase into Talia's house, said girl holding the door open.

"Don't worry about it, you know I'm here for you" she smiled back, "now quick and get ready so we can go fight Lucy"

"Talia" Mila warned, raising her eyebrow as she dropped her suitcase, standing up straight to give the girl a stern look.

"Like she doesn't deserve it" Talia mumbled back, shutting her door, "come on, hurry up"

That was the thing about Talia, she was always there to help; rain or shine. She'd hold Mila up when she fell and never drag her down...unlike a certain previous friend.

Mila had never known a true friend until she met Talia, not that she knew it at the time. With a childhood of bullying and a preteen acne problem, nobody was queuing up to be friends with her.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" the tender girl replied reluctantly, "time to face hell"

Surprisingly, Lucy didn't come out all guns a-blazing as soon as she heard the doorbell going. She had opened the door with a smile, a tight dress hugging her figure; Mila's tight dress hugging her figure.

"Morning, Melly", she snarled, Mila looked down, not wanting a fight.

"Morning" she mumbled, standing awkwardly under the broken stone slab above the door to protect her from the rain.

Lucy stared at the two girls expectantly, knowing full well that their rain macs were doing little to keep them warm.

"Fucking hell Lucy, let us in, it's pissing it down" Talia cut in, a bit of venom in her tone.

"I think you should wait in the car, you're not welcome in my house" Lucy shot back, her eyebrows furrowed.

"My foots not welcome in your arse but it'll find a way-" Talia stepped forward, her voice rising in seconds, until Mila put out her hand, shaking her head.

"Leave it, Tal," she turned back to her former friend, "just let us in Lucy, we're just here for my stuff"

She stayed in the way for a moment, watch the two girls slowly getting more soaked by the lashing rain, before finally stepping out of the way, glaring at Talia as she walked by.

"Fucking hell" Mila whispered under her breath, her shoulders falling as she opened her door, the clothes that once occupied her closet space were now thrown recklessly around the room, smushed lipstick tubes littered the floor. The content drawing out words on the wall, many of them swearing.

"That bitch" Talia almost shouted, slamming the door.

"At least she didn't rip anything" Mila reasoned, dropping to her knees to pull her clothes into a pile, opening a white bin bag to collect them.

"I'd rip her apart," Talia rolled her eyes, opening the draws and emptying the contents into a black Nike bag.

Mila only chuckled, shaking her head lightly, knowing that Talia would fight her any day.

"I'll keep the dress, it looks better on me anyway" Lucy let slip a last snide comment as the two girls dragged bin bags from the house and pushed them into the back of Talia's car, "I'm sure Harry would say the same thing, are you still running around after him?" She asked nonchalantly, but her eyes showed her true intentions.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, for once Lucy" Talia all but shouted as she slammed her boot shut, "nobody cares what you have to say, get your sad little life together and stop invading Mila's" Surprisingly she spoke in a normal tone towards the end, levelling out as she opened the driver's side door.

Mila sluggishly slipped into the car too, keeping her eyes on Lucy's face, rage clear in her eyes as she slammed the door.

"And now, we move on" Talia mused as she reversed out of the driveway, "onward and upwards"

"Yeah, I know...it's just we were friends for so long" she trailed off, looking out the window, watching the rain trail down.

"I know you've known her for a long time but that doesn't automatically mean she's a good friend, you can be closer to somebody you met two months ago than somebody you met ten years ago," Talia rambled as they drove through the rain, "at the end of the day you left something toxic and I'm proud of you"

"You're the best, Tal" Mila smiled lightly, turning to face the driving girl, who side-eyes her with a laugh.

"I know" Mila laughed with her, falling into a lulled silence, the radio surrounding them in the car.

The quiet was short-lived, a loud ding sounding from Mila's phone, catching both of their attention.

"If that's Lucy I swear down I am willing to turn around and-"

"Calm down," Mila stopped her, "It's just Harry"

Harry <3
You busy tonight?

Mila
Not that I'm aware of

Harry <3
Well, you're aware now,
mine tonight Christmas movies
before the seasons over

Mila
Be there in ten need
to make a stop first :)

"Make a stop at Tescos, Tal" Mila pointed her down a street, smiling at the thought of the night ahead.

——————
Written: March 28th 2021
Published:April 4th 2021
We nearly over :,)
Don't really like this chapter but it has to be done