Chapter 22

It's been a few days now since we explored the tunnels leading from the library, and I still can't quite comprehend what we saw. We are hardly any closer now than we were when I first arrived here. However, we do know that there is one other section of the tunnel that we haven't explored yet, and we also know that whoever uses those tunnels didn't want them to be found if the incident in the shed had anything to say for it.

We couldn't ignore the bloody symbol on the tree either. I had no clue what to think of it and neither did the guys apparently. Afterward, we silently went back to the library to retrieve our bags and to seal the tunnel door close again. Other than that, we haven't really spoken about what we saw there...or what was said.

Daxon has been the only one who seems to find the whole situation amusing. I have already forgiven Caspian for his outburst, which wasn't even needed. If anything, I should be apologizing for the way that I acted.

I'm still not even sure Colt was affected by the toxins in the air since he really just acted like his usual asshole self. Harley, however, shocked me. I couldn't understand why he had reacted so negatively when we kissed, but it all seems to be making sense now.

I pushed away all of my rambling thoughts as I headed towards Dr. Collins' classroom for our Thursday meeting. I was really starting to get sick of this same routine. I either find out vague memories that are almost useless to me or I find nothing which is equally infuriating.

I walk into the room noticing that there were a few people scattered around, but this was an odd time to come in. I had asked if we could move our meeting up to an earlier time so that I could watch movies with Daxon and Caspian tonight.

I gave Dr. Collins a small wave as I made my way to the looking glass. I pointedly avoided eye contact with Donovan who was currently staring at my chest. Fucking bastard. I also avoided another set of eyes that belonged to my roomie/black-winged...friend?

I sighed, moving the looking glass to a curtained-off section that was used for privacy to concentrate away from the wandering eyes of others. I placed a silencing bubble up in the process, not wanting anyone to overhear what might occur. I already had trouble concentrating regardless of the distraction from others. And with the tight shirt fitted over Harley's wide chest, it was a distraction I couldn't afford.

I exhaled loudly, shaking my head as I concentrated on clearing my mind. If this fucking mirror didn't show me something useful, I was seriously going to lose it. I looked down at my tired blue eyes, willing myself to release the locked-up memories. I needed something. Anything.

My vision blurred into fast-moving images. This was different. This wasn't right. But I couldn't stop them from invading my senses, forcing the blocked memories to surface. My breathing quickened, my body relaxed until I was forced to watch each and every moment occur.

Chains were wrapped around my arms, holding me in place as I screamed. The smell of blood filled the room as a knife sliced down my leg. My throat felt raw from the constant screaming since arriving. But where was I?

You know, my inner thoughts urged me. But I didn't know, did I?

I looked to my captor, wanting to see who exactly was inflicting this excruciating pain onto me. My mind tried to piece together who was behind the hood, or was there no hood? Was my mind still playing a trick on me?

I felt dizzy. Magic pulsing through my veins, but there was nowhere to release it. Magic blocking chains were wrapped tightly around me, offering no opportunities to escape. No. I wasn't meant to leave this place, at least not willingly.