Chapter 4

Classes went on like a normal supernatural school would, except I was actually enjoying it for once. I normally was only surrounded by werewolves, vampires, and witches, but here, there were so many different species. I even saw a guy morph into his troll form. Let's just say, he should never do that if he's trying to attract a lady. Not because of his height or warts, but because of his nose. I snort just thinking about it, no I'm being too mean. Okay, I cackle a little thinking back on it. It's not my fault his nose is shaped like a dick. And a flaccid one at that.

I shared a class with Colt last period but looking at the expression on his face, I turned the fuck the other way and sat my ass in a chair next to a werewolf named Jesper. It made me feel a little better being around a species I'm familiar with. Unfortunately for me, he's been glued to my side ever since. But he's too sweet for me to care, so now he's trailing behind me to the cafeteria. 

We wandered outside to the courtyard where most students ate their lunch. I swung my gaze around, looking for someone else I might know. Colt was sitting with the scariest motherfuckers I have ever seen before. Harley was nowhere in sight. He probably eats his food up in a bird's nest in the trees. 

I walked up grabbing a tray of food. The smell of steak and roasted potatoes wafted up to my nose. The arrogantly selfish jocks in front of me almost took all of it. "Fucking rich pricks," I mumbled to myself as Jesper loaded his plate down with almost everything.

We walked our way over to a table sitting out in the sun. The vampire in me wanted to shrivel up, while the werewolf in me wanted to shift and lay out in the warmth of the sunshine. I sighed sitting down while Jesper sat across from me. His deep skin tone practically shone against the rays of the sun, making even me take a closer look.

"You gonna eat that?" Jesper asked, pointing towards my food, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I accidentally let a feral growl out of my mouth when his hand started to wander towards my plate.

"Territorial now aren't we, shortcake?" A purring voice said in my ear as Caspian sat down beside me.

"Men should know never to touch a woman's food," I tsked, picking the entire steak up with my fork instead of cutting it.

"What's up, Maevie?" Daxon asked cheekily, placing his tray on the other side of me as he grabbed one of Jesper's fries.

If Daxon hadn't moved his hand so fast, Jesper would have bit it clean off. Daxon just laughed as if he didn't think Jesper would actually do it. But judging by the molten brown eyes of Jesper, he most definitely would have.

I smiled, biting into the steak. "Oh you know, being a model student. I even heard from Headmaster Oxford that they're thinking about putting a statue up in my honor."

"You said that poor Nelson's nose looked like a dick in front of the whole class. Right before you bent over laughing right in front of him," Jesper said, not even looking up from his lunch.

"In my defense, I have never seen one before," I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"You've never seen a dick before, Maevie? Do you need any volunteers?" Daxon asked, leaning slightly closer to me, allowing the sun to highlight the freckles spanning across his cheeks and nose. It should seriously be illegal to look like that.

"Please Howell, she's better off being a nun than seeing what's between your legs," Caspian laughed, dodging a piece of broccoli Daxon flung at him. 

I smiled, looking between them. This would be a lot more fun with fewer clothes on though. I shook my head before responding to their stupid banter. "I meant a troll. I haven't really ever been off our lands," I said absentmindedly. "Why was that?" I wondered at my own statement.