Chapter 12

I ran through the woods, despite the small fear of spotting the hooded figures. I couldn't deal with fear now though, I had too much energy built up inside of me. I made sure I was completely calmed down before making my way towards the academy again.

I had missed a few classes already and decided to just skip the rest of the day. I couldn't deal with seeing the guy's faces again after this morning.

I would love nothing more than to raid the ice cream stash in the cafeteria and enjoy it in my dorm room. However, that option was thrown completely out of the window when Olivia hunted me down and dragged me to Jesper's room to get ready for the party.

I pulled on my black leather mini-skirt and red top with my black combat boots, which were a gift from my mother. She practically lives in her pair. I scrunched my hair a little, letting the waves fall naturally around me. I lastly applied some red lip gloss, giving me a tinted pout before applying some eyeliner and mascara to finish it off.

I turned around and groaned as Olivia was still getting ready, which was just absurd at this point. She's been in here for hours now, and by the look on Jesper's face, I could tell that he was over it too. Not to mention, she's been gossiping up a storm in here. I tuned out most parts of what she was saying, although, I did listen to the part where Jesper has a crush on AJ, a male lion shifter.

"Come on, O. I've had a shit day and I just want to be nose deep in alcohol right now," I said, inching my way towards the door.

"Fine. How do I look?" She asked, pulling down her short navy dress while shaking out her curly red hair.

"You look hot as always, Olive. Now let's go!" Jesper said, pushing both me and Olivia out of his dorm room.

We made our way out of the dormitories and into the warm late summer air. I was thankful for the warmth of the long summer weather, dreading the cold that was sure to come soon. There was no one else in sight as we made our way across the campus and into the woods.

The more we walked, the more anxious I was getting. Where was the party? And then all at once, we passed a barrier that was surely made with magic, and finally, the loud noise of music and talking reached my ears. There were so many people, I didn't know where to look first.

"Isn't this great?" Olivia yelled in my ear as she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the drinks. The party really was great. The music was loud but at least whoever chose it had good taste.

I grabbed bottles of liquor, filling up a cup and mixing it with some other drinks spread around. "What's this?" I held up a clear bottle that wasn't labeled.

"That's a potion the head of the party committee makes. It basically takes away our supernatural inhibitor that dulls the effect of alcohol. But I wouldn't drink it unless you don't plan on walking home tonight," Olivia said, taking a big gulp of her drink. Alrighty then. 

We were practically glued to the drink station until we both felt tipsy enough to dance. Luckily, Olivia could care less of the watchful eyes on us as we both danced and grinded on each other. It felt nice to have someone who wasn't judgemental and who didn't care what other people thought.

I could see her gaze focused on a girl across the clearing, who looks very similar to the girl in Olivia's drawings. "Go talk to her," I yelled in her ear, smiling as she realized I had caught her.

"You sure?" She asked, already inching her way in that direction.

I waved her off. "I'm gonna get more drinks. Make a move."

Before she could say anything more, I turned around and made my way back to the drinks. I let my gaze trail across the numerous people in the woods, noticing some familiar faces here and there.