Chapter 13

Daxon's POV

"What the hell was that about?" I looked to Caspian in exasperation. One second Caspian was kissing Maeve and then the next...

Caspian currently had his head in his hands as he breathed in deeply. "I don't know. I just couldn't...I couldn't push it knowing that she's possibly my mate."

I felt that angry part of me dwindle out into an extinguished flame at his words. I sighed, "Cas...I'm sorry that I pushed it. I just wanted to see if she felt it too."

He looked up at me with a hint of a smile. "Is that why you kissed me? Were you trying to get a feel if she was into it?"

I let out a semi-embarrassed chuckle. "Yeah. She seemed to like the idea of a threesome after hearing your embarrassing attempt at losing your virginity."

Caspian growled. "You dick."

I shrugged. "So what are we going to do now?"

Caspian bit his lip as his eyes watched the door, as if he could see Maeve all the way to our dorm room. "She probably thinks I wasn't into her." He rubbed his eyes as he exhaled, "Fuck."

"She'll more than likely blame it on the alcohol. Don't worry," I said, patting him on the back before getting up and strolling to the door.

"Are you going to keep pursuing her?"

I stopped at the question, looking back at my best friend. "Does it bother you if I do?"

He shook his head, letting a small smile slip. "No. In fact, I'm jealous if you do. But...be careful. We don't know how she'll react if we are her mates."

I nodded my head, walking out of the door. I didn't need to process the words that he spoke though. No. I knew we were mates. I could feel it in my soul. And the thought of those other pricks being her mates didn't affect me the way that I thought it might. It felt...right in a way.

And as I walked into the dark dorm room, I noticed the soft snoring of the most beautiful girl...and a black-winged angel watching over her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maeve's POV

I was given a wide berth as I walked down the hallway, everyone actively avoiding my pathway. I couldn't even blame them as I knew I probably looked like death. I don't do hangovers very well, especially when I was on my way to detention for the last time...for now.

I practically slouched down into the seat in the auditorium, waiting on Professor Matthews who was apparently running late this morning. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes cursing at this damn school for making me get here early on the weekend.

I could feel a pair of eyes on me, knowing full damn well who it was without even looking. Fuck him, let him look all he wants. An image of him with those girls flashed across my mind, making me open my eyes to focus on the present instead. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of thinking about him or what he does in his free time.

I vaguely listened to Professor Matthew's instructions before making my way outside with a trash bag in hand. I mean, really? How much fucking trash could this place possibly have? The only saving grace was that we didn't need partners since most people didn't bother showing up. I was cursing myself for actually following the rules for once.

However, every time I moved farther away from the auditorium, I felt someone move closer behind me. I ignored the ever-annoying snake as I stuck towards the edge of the campus, gazing out into the woods.