Chapter 35

My eyes don't seem to know what to focus on first. Dozens. There were dozens of bodies lying around the floor. And that's not even the part that freaks me out. Oh, no. How about the fact that I just saw these same people in class earlier today?

"Colt, please tell me you see this too," I whispered, afraid that I might in fact be going crazy.

"You mean the bodies? Yup, kinda hard not to notice them, Angel," he responds in a calm voice.

I glance at him with a look that clearly says, "what the fuck".

He shrugs. "Just pointing out the obvious here," he said with amusement in his dark gaze.

I shook my head and looked back at the dozens of dead bodies. "So, can you please explain how it's possible that I just saw him on the way to lunch today, and yet, it looks like he's been decomposing for weeks?"

Colt's face turns grim as he looks at William's lifeless gaze staring at the ceiling. "Well, probably because he is dead."

"Then how?" I asked, feeling like my brain was about to explode. "Unless..."

"Unless he is dead, and the guy parading in his skin isn't William?" He questions.

"Yeah, that," I mumbled as I walked closer to look at the other faces.

Colt does the same as he thinks aloud. "Well, there's Josephine, except we already knew the bitch was dead."

"Geez, you don't have to be such an asshole," I hiss at him. I mean, it's true, she was a bitch, but still...

"Holy shit," I screech as Professor Lacoste's body lays among the horde of corpses.

"Well, guess that means you don't really need to be going to biology anymore," Colt said like this whole situation was a good thing.

I glare at him. "This isn't funny, jackass!"

He raises a brow. "Who's laughing?"

I groan as I walk past him to look at more people. Then, my eyes lock on one person as my breath leaves me in a rush.

Colt's whole demeanor changes. "What?"

I take a shaky breath and point at Kameron... the girl Olivia is practically in love with...and the girl Olivia is currently hanging out with as we speak.

Colt looks confused about my reaction until I say, "Olivia is in her dorm room right now. Do you not see the same fucking problem that I am?"

Understanding dawns on him. "Shit, this just keeps getting better and better," he mumbles.

I shake my head. "This is fucked up. I have to get back and tell the others," I said before taking off towards the library.

Colt is right on my heels as I practically power walk back the way that we came, making sure to step over Professor Matthews' disassembled body. I guess I can kiss my A+ goodbye.

"I think I may know what's going on," Colt responds from behind me after halfway down the tunnel systems.

I glanced behind me at his blank face and shake my head. "Then you can tell the rest of the guys too."

I could hear his steps falter at that before he resumes his pace. "Fine."

I roll my eyes at his tone. "Get your head out of your ass and get over it. I have four mates, and that's you included. Jealous? Oh, well. I'm over your attitude and-".

"Okay, Angel," he responds quietly.

"Okay?" I ask as I whirl around to face him once we're at the entrance to the tunnels.