Chapter 41

I awake in a tangle of limbs, my heart fully whole for the first time in a while. I'm currently sandwiched between two built bodies. One curved around my backside, the other holding me close to their chest. I peel my eyes open, expecting to see Colt after he held me post-sex but instead, I see soft golden eyes looking down at me.

"Hey," I mumbled, my voice sounding extra raspy from sleeping.

Caspian's lips curled into a feline smile. "Morning, shortcake."

I pull away slightly, sitting up and glancing around. Other than me, it was just Caspian and Daxon in bed. I'm not gonna lie, my heart squeezed painfully at the empty spaces where Colt and Harley should be.

Caspian must have noticed my crestfallen expression as he ran his fingertips along my bare spine. "Colt was gone before I woke up. Harley said he was going for a quick flight to stretch his wings out."

I snort at the image of Harley having to take a "flight" like a dog takes a walk every morning. That humor quickly faded at the thought of Colt disappearing not long after we had our heart to heart last night.

Suddenly hands caressed my bare breasts that were being exposed from the sheet that settled around my waist. I look down at the culprit but his eyes are still shut. I flick his hand away and he grumbles in his sleep.

A sigh comes from Caspian. "Even in his sleep, he knows what he wants."

I smile at the passed-out redhead and lean over to give him a quick kiss on the cheek before climbing out of bed. I look around for my clothes before realizing that I didn't have any on last night, so I opt for wearing a shirt off the floor.

I lift it to my nose and inhale, smelling the cologne I associate with Daxon. Well, he won't be needing it for now. The material hits mid-thigh since Daxon is shorter than the other guys. You wouldn't notice it though with his attitude. The dude is a cocky son of a bitch, but that's what I like about him.

I watch Caspian get dressed and have to physically hold myself back so I don't do something embarrassing. I might have been staring at his ass a little too long becasue he sends me a wink.

I shake my head and exit the room, making my way down the hallway and into the open kitchen/living room. I stop dead at the sight before me.

"What are you doing?" I almost screech.

Dark eyes meet mine and I swear to God, I think he's blushing. Colt sets down the spatula on the counter before walking over to me. "Making breakfast." I blink and then blink some more. He raises a brow. "Got something in your eye, Angel?" There's a teasing note in his voice that snaps me out of my stupor.

I glance back at the stove before looking at Colt with a deadpanned expression. "You cook?"

He shrugs a little sheepishly. "Not really, so don't complain if the eggs are burnt."

I gesture back to the stovetop. "Well, then you better get to moving. You don't leave eggs on the stove that long unattended."

That gets him moving as he cooks with a concentrated focus. This is just bizarre, but hell, it turns me on. Not cooking. But cooking while shirtless? Yes, definitely. Colt's broad back is practically taunting me.

"Have you seen Harley?" I ask as I push myself onto the counter next to where Colt is cooking.

"Bigbird left the nest," he said, not looking in my direction.

I frown. "Don't call him that."

He looks at me with humor in his eyes. "He said he'd be back soon. Don't worry, Angel. Babybird will be back before you know it."